Board logo

Property Boundary?
matt.c - 23/2/10 at 08:56 PM

Is there a website i can find out the boundary lines of a house im looking at on rightmove?

Thanks guys

Matt

owelly - 23/2/10 at 09:03 PM

You can find details on the landregistry site for £4. I found a rough guide on my local parish webby.

owelly - 23/2/10 at 09:04 PM

http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/

DavidW - 23/2/10 at 09:11 PM

Ask the agent for the HIP - I think they have the land registy title plan in them.

ashg - 23/2/10 at 11:21 PM

yep boundaries will be in the hip. estate agent should be able to provide it in pdf format as they all have to be uploaded to a central database.

rgrs - 24/2/10 at 07:41 AM

However bear in mind that regardless of what the plans show at the land registry, if the boundarys have been moved for over 7 years then laws of statutes apply.

Roger

Alex. - 24/2/10 at 08:28 AM

Having been through this issue with my neighbour, you will not find a definitive boundary plan if the house is more than a couple of years old.

The HIP and the Land Registry will only have not to scale plans, that will not give enough detail to pin point the boundary.

As far as the council planning department and the Land Registry are concerned, near enough is good enough! And it is up to you to take legal action if you still think there is a problem.

Alex.