Board logo

where can i get rid of or who wants....
rpm - 21/11/10 at 03:58 PM

the entire contents of a motel/bar/restuarant, i've got the job of disposing of everything from a 60 bed motel which had a restuarant, 2 bars and conference room and swimming pool with it. most of the rooms had nearly new beds and sofa beds in, then theres tv's,microwaves,radios, bedding, wardrobes, lamps etc etc. followed by all the bar equipment and the catering equipment from the restuarant kitchen. basically the place went bust about a year ago and it was locked up overnite and was left, now it needs emptying but alot of traders don't want the stock and auctioneers weren't very interested. whilst most stuff would be sold off dirt cheap or given away there must be value in the catering and bar equipment and even the swimming pool equipment/ filtration system etc. what i'd really like is for someone to come along with several big lorries and take the lot for a price, if anyone knows of somebody give me an email at rogermayers@myway.com
cheers Roger

Daddylonglegs - 21/11/10 at 04:07 PM

I could do with a decent coffeee machine

cd.thomson - 21/11/10 at 04:17 PM

ill take the swimming pool, does it come with fitting?

James - 21/11/10 at 04:18 PM

I'll have 3 of the bedrooms please!

mookaloid - 21/11/10 at 04:19 PM

ebay the lot - advertise items as collection only 99p start for everything. You won't have to sell much to make a profit and it might reduce the problem to a manageable size.

Where in the world is it?

02GF74 - 21/11/10 at 04:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cd.thomson
ill take the swimming pool, does it come with fitting?

damn too slow ... so can I have the water then?

tegwin - 21/11/10 at 04:56 PM

I live in Devon and actually need some furniture and kitchen equipment etc..... can I come and "have a look"?

marcjagman - 21/11/10 at 04:56 PM

I'll take the electricals, got a Volvo estate and a trailer that used to be a caravan. Where is it?

carnut - 21/11/10 at 05:36 PM

I'll take all the copper wire off your hands.

carpmart - 21/11/10 at 05:58 PM

I'll have some of the electrical items too! I have a Luton Van so can get rid of a lot in one go for you!

coozer - 21/11/10 at 06:01 PM

I wouldn't mind all the bar equipment so I can bring my alcoholic apprenticeship along

Paul TigerB6 - 21/11/10 at 07:26 PM

I'll take a couple of chambermaids if there are any nice ones going spare??

rpm - 21/11/10 at 08:17 PM

i should have known, i should of bl**dy known

SPYDER - 21/11/10 at 08:32 PM

Do you have a gobblin' teasmade?

will121 - 21/11/10 at 09:21 PM

can you have a sale/auction in the place and employ your own auctionear? or how about idea of selling items as a job lot per bedroom, eg all contents, a bed, sofa, teasmaid etc, might get interest from landlords etc could possibly do something via ebay as a flat rate buy now £100 would get rid of some i would think then easier to sort rest, there are also companies who buy comercial catering equ.

dhutch - 22/11/10 at 09:50 AM

What about somewhere like GoIndustrys online auction rooms?

http://www.go-dove.com/

Daniel

MikeR - 22/11/10 at 01:57 PM

What about charities - they'll take rooms full of stuff for when they're fitting out houses for people.

It won't get rid of everything or get you any money, but it will get rid of some of the problem.

MikeR - 22/11/10 at 01:57 PM

What about local universities - means they can fit out the student rooms cheaply.

rpm - 22/11/10 at 08:25 PM

thanks for the ...sensible replies, got a chap coming around with a view to taking a fair bit (possibly for free!!) the trouble with landlords is they have to be carefull with fire/electrical safety regs in regard to bedding and electrical appliances, it also seems that around here charities are getting fussy as to what they take. however i'm sure it'll all go in the end, if only to the tip

MikeR - 22/11/10 at 08:27 PM

if the stuff is only a couple of years old - then it should all have the fire certificate thing sewn into every item of furniture. As long as its sewn in, then people should be willing to take it off your hands. If its not sewn in, then you'll have a devil of a job trying to get rid of it except for in the tip.

RK - 23/11/10 at 02:44 AM

Now, Basil, are there not outfits that can do all that for you???

RK - 23/11/10 at 02:49 AM

Now, Basil, are there not outfits that can do all that for you???