Board logo

scalectix what to go for
INDY BIRD - 16/6/11 at 10:12 PM

Hi all want to buy my friend a good scalectix set for a big birthday comming up but what to go for,

i see digital is now available not what i remember as a kid and reccomendations on what to go for??,

has to be a high quality set budget dosnt matter,

cheers any help appreciated

dhutch - 16/6/11 at 11:41 PM

Never used a digital set so i cant really comment there, the way the track fits together has even changed since i last bought any track (just at the end i actaully drove to a shop to get some of the old type specially) but the new fitting is i understand better. Cant go wrong really. I prefer the cars without magnets, but i dnt know how much of a personal thing that is and most of them do now have them.

Daniel

HowardB - 17/6/11 at 05:40 AM

how about a set that features his "fav" cars, or race style,...

DaveFJ - 17/6/11 at 08:28 AM

Digital all the way...

the cars also come in 2 grades these days... the better ones are far more detailed so check what the cars in the set look like

loggyboy - 17/6/11 at 10:53 AM

Digital is great - multiple cars running on the same tracks and lane changes. I bought a set a few years back but didnt have the space to set it up so sold it all on. Will have to wait till I have a little boy to buy things for! (or hope that my lil girl gets in to cars!)