Board logo

Starwars
Mr Whippy - 8/1/16 at 01:04 PM

Everyone seems to think this new film is simply amazing...what do you think?

tegwin - 8/1/16 at 01:26 PM

Need another option for "what the hell is Star Wars"

wylliezx9r - 8/1/16 at 01:30 PM

umm your vote choices all seem negative, what about the people who liked it ?

02GF74 - 8/1/16 at 01:33 PM

as above, where is option for never seen any star wars films?

swanny - 8/1/16 at 01:49 PM

ive never watched any of the others and only went to see this one because the boy wanted to see it.

i actually really enjoyed it. and might well watch the originals now.

ianm67 - 8/1/16 at 02:15 PM

Daisy Ridley. Awesome..... And the fact that Daniel Craig had a cameo in the movie makes it cool.....

Irony - 8/1/16 at 05:51 PM

I'm a big Starwars fan. I thought the new film was okay. However it could be the start of a great Trilogy.

ravingfool - 8/1/16 at 06:17 PM

It wasn't a terrible film or unenjoyable but it was more remake than a new story. Oh look there's a 'death planet', a slightly upgraded and larger death star.

Rather than subtle homage to the originals it was far too close to a simple retelling.

ETA: my girlfriend really enjoyed it, she doesn't think she had seen the originals though

[Edited on 8/1/16 by ravingfool]

CRAIGR - 8/1/16 at 06:21 PM

13 year old daughter liked it , I thought it was as dull as dishwater and the 3D was pitifull.

Slimy38 - 8/1/16 at 06:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CRAIGR
13 year old daughter liked it , I thought it was as dull as dishwater and the 3D was pitifull.

Yes the 3d was completely useless... I wish I had saved the £3!!

But I'm a Star Wars fan, so I loved the rest of the film. I did have to watch it alone though, none of my friends or family wanted to watch it.

snapper - 8/1/16 at 06:52 PM

My daughter (25) thought it was a great film
I saw the original ( before it was released in the UK) only because I was in the US with a mate visiting his family and one of his sons took us to see it, in an enormous ® cinema, front row centre, reclining seats and when the star destroyer went over our heads with superb surround sound I was hooked
I was 20 and that was 38 years ago.

This new film, yes it does harp back to the original and that was a little disappointing for me and George Lucas but overall I liked it

jelly head - 8/1/16 at 06:57 PM

Why can't i pick more than one option in the poll?!

Its a disappointment but not as kack as I,II and III

Paul M - 8/1/16 at 11:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ravingfool
It wasn't a terrible film or unenjoyable but it was more remake than a new story. Oh look there's a 'death planet', a slightly upgraded and larger death star.

Rather than subtle homage to the originals it was far too close to a simple retelling.

exactly what I said as I left the cinema - far too little of the old characters - seemed more like a way to put them to bed and carry on with the story- sort of like an extended trailer for the sequels to follow. Too Disnefied & a cynical money making exercise in my oppinion