Board logo

RIP George Michael
Talon Motorsport - 25/12/16 at 11:22 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38432862?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

[Edited on 25/12/16 by Talon Motorsport]

v8kid - 26/12/16 at 08:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Talon Motorsport
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38432862?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

[Edited on 25/12/16 by Talon Motorsport]

Can't really say I feel a loss. Actually I'm being polite - it must have something to do with being tone deaf

Ivan - 26/12/16 at 08:59 AM

Never liked his music much but he had a great voice. Sad that he couldn't be happy. The fate of many great artists.

steve m - 26/12/16 at 09:28 AM

As said above, I was not a fan, and he did live a problematic life, but he was a son, brother, etc, and the family have to live with that, also 53 is not an age were anyone should be dyeing, whether we like them or not

Why do so many superstars have such troubled life's ?
It does show that wealth can not buy happiness

steve

jacko - 26/12/16 at 10:16 AM

RIP

nick205 - 26/12/16 at 11:14 AM

Likewise, not a fan myself.

53 seems young though!

RIP

craig1410 - 26/12/16 at 10:40 PM

Well I don't mind saying that I was a huge fan and thought he was an incredibly talented singer.

Yes he had many demons and most of those are probably a result of his celebrity status so I think he deserves some empathy. It's all too easy for us non-celebs to enjoy the entertainment provided by people like George or Amy Whitehouse or Whitney Houston and then turn our backs when the fame takes its toll on them in one way or another.

Thanks George.

[Edited on 26/12/2016 by craig1410]

rm0rgan - 27/12/16 at 07:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by craig1410
Well I don't mind saying that I was a huge fan and thought he was an incredibly talented singer.

Yes he had many demons and most of those are probably a result of his celebrity status so I think he deserves some empathy. It's all too easy for us non-celebs to enjoy the entertainment provided by people like George or Amy Whitehouse or Whitney Houston and then turn our backs when the fame takes its toll on them in one way or another.

Thanks George.

^^^This....

Saw him perform at the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert many years ago and have to say, amongst that crowd he stood out as someone incredibly talented and had that 'mega star' factor so many lack. RIP George. Rest easy.

craig1410 - 27/12/16 at 09:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rm0rgan
quote:
Originally posted by craig1410

Thanks George.

^^^This....

Saw him perform at the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert many years ago and have to say, amongst that crowd he stood out as someone incredibly talented and had that 'mega star' factor so many lack. RIP George. Rest easy.

I know the concert you are talking about and I agree 100% that it was pretty awesome!