Board logo

Online shop, goods not received. What should I do?
smart51 - 12/12/17 at 09:04 PM

I ordered a colour matched aerosol from the online shop of a car owners club website. The goods didn't arrive. The guy has been promising me a refund for months but it never arrives. What should I do to get my cash back? Paid by debit card not credit card.

joneh - 12/12/17 at 09:18 PM

Small claims court.

Or name and shame and see if one of us can pick up your refund.

big-vee-twin - 12/12/17 at 09:33 PM

Talk to your bank, we have reclaimed debit card payments when the seller doesn't deliver.

Mike Wood - 12/12/17 at 11:10 PM

As well as small claims route or try for a card refund, you could see if you could report them to trading standards.

Make sure you have a paperwork trail of your order and payment. Get a copy of the advert/catalogue that shows the product you ordered.

Thanks
Mike

nick205 - 13/12/17 at 09:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Wood
As well as small claims route or try for a card refund, you could see if you could report them to trading standards.

Make sure you have a paperwork trail of your order and payment. Get a copy of the advert/catalogue that shows the product you ordered.

Thanks
Mike

Have a copy of your bank statement handy showing the payment as well.

gremlin1234 - 13/12/17 at 10:59 AM

chargeback works on many debit cards

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback

smart51 - 28/12/17 at 07:23 PM

Thanks everyone. I phoned my bank and they said no problem, your card is a Visa Debit, we'll put you though to them. They tood my details and a couple of weeks later, they've refunded my money. It wasn't a lot, but the guy was taking the mick. He's lost out as I'd usually buy stuff through an owners club just to support them. I shan't be doing that with him now.