Board logo

An itch that needs scratching
907 - 10/3/19 at 10:13 PM

It's been ten or so years since I sold my Thunderace and now I feel the need again.

A quick press on the ebay button and a Hornet was mine. Never sat on a hornet before.

Paul G

paulc - 10/3/19 at 11:03 PM

Thats a coincidence, I bought one on Friday.

Liking it so far.

Paul

Simon - 10/3/19 at 11:21 PM

Sold my previous bike ('busa) around 12 years ago to help pay for Deimos and as I only did around 300 miles on it during last year.

About 15 months ago I started thinking about it again and it coincided with announcement the Suzuki were to stop importing Hayabusa within a year or so and I thought I really had to have one. Found a dealer (in Scotland!!) knocking £1600 off list, full tank, delivery etc to mine - £3000 deposit and £57 / month on pcp

First time riding in 12 years and was if I'd never been off bike

[Edited on 10/3/19 by Simon]

907 - 11/3/19 at 07:11 AM

I too don't envisage doing many miles.
I would have liked a CBR600 but would be looking at over twice the price of a Hornet. (same age & condition)

If it's cheap to buy, insure & tax, then if it sits idle most of the time then it doesn't matter so much.

Paul G

MikeRJ - 11/3/19 at 07:28 PM

Presumably the 600 Hornet rather than the 900? You might be interested in following 44 Teeth's new Budget bike battle series, which involves a Hornet vs a Bandit (first episode was out a few days ago).

I got back into biking about 6-7 years ago with an SV650, but my current P&J is a 1999 Honda Fireblade which I've restored from a slightly tatty example with a few upgrades to wheels and suspension, exhaust system etc.