Board logo

Carpenter/general builder Leeds, Morley,Tingley Area
russbost - 6/6/21 at 12:33 PM

Hi Guys, Our son has recently moved to West Ardsley, near Tingley south of Leeds.

Looking for a competent chippy to change configuration of kitchen units so they can fit a dishwasher within an existing 1000mm unit. Also need a hole put through the wall for a tumble dryer vent & a few other bits & pieces sorted out.

Can anyone suggest someone trustworthy & reliable, or failing that can any of you guys do that sort of work - Ha Ha!

Any suggestions appreciated, Thanks Russ

gremlin1234 - 6/6/21 at 06:51 PM

/irony/ this is a car builders site, not a 'low cost builders' website /-irony/ :-)

p.s.sorry I can't help

russbost - 7/6/21 at 07:07 AM

Ironic maybe, but on a personal level I've had more help on non- car stuff than I ever have on car stuff, however I've given out vastly more help on the car stuff side as well as on other stuff I have personal knowledge of .......

fazerruss - 8/6/21 at 08:02 AM

How soon do you need it doing? This is something I can sort but currently cant do anything for the next 6 weeks due to a broken leg.

russbost - 8/6/21 at 08:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by fazerruss
How soon do you need it doing? This is something I can sort but currently cant do anything for the next 6 weeks due to a broken leg.

They wouldn't mind you sitting down to do it!

Well they'd like it done ASAP, but I have already pointed out that most decent builders/chippies are already flat out at present, so 6 weeks might not be a bad offer.
Is there anyway you'd be able to get a look within that 6 week period so they could buy whatever's needed with regard to kitchen units or doors & whether they need to go for an integrated or stand alone dishwasher?

I don't suppose you have any mates in the trade who'd be available earlier than that?

fazerruss - 8/6/21 at 07:15 PM

The only other tradesmen I know are other family members but aren't taking on as much work anymore due to retirement. I can have a look at the job no problem. I may be able to do it sooner depending on how fast I heal. I'm due back at hospital for a check up in 2 weeks and hopefully I may be given to go ahead to start putting weight on it soon after. (I dont have a cast on it, it's got a titanium rod down the centre of the bone).
I'm getting sick of being in the house now!

russbost - 14/6/21 at 07:02 PM

Fazerruss you have PM