Board logo

Internal partition wall?
Benzine - 7/3/22 at 02:06 PM

I have a large landing area in my house and I'm looking to make a temporary (year or 2) partition for an office area. Obvious choice would be timber stud walls etc but as this is temporary I don't want to plaster etc, and would like to be able to disassemble easily enough. Any ideas on a locost way of doing this?

Unfortunately it'll have to look nice due to swimbo, otherwise I'd be firing paslodes at OSB like there's no tomorrow already

Sam_68 - 7/3/22 at 02:50 PM

You couid try doing a seach on eBay for 'office dividers' or 'office partitions'

McLannahan - 7/3/22 at 02:52 PM

I'd still go for a timber frame and plasterboard it. Still about £11 a sheet in my local place - not gone up too much yet!

Paint the plasterboard - or wallpaper even easier/neater?

roadrunner - 7/3/22 at 03:14 PM

Have you looked at 3mm ply boards that are already papered.
They use thousands of them in the caravan industry.

Sanzomat - 7/3/22 at 04:16 PM

Plasterboard on timber studs will almost certainly be the cheapest way to make a partition. Rather than plastering it you could go for the tapered edge boards (same price as square edge most places) and just fill the joints and screw holes. A bag of easifil goes a long way and if you aren't the best at spreading it sands easy!

mark chandler - 7/3/22 at 06:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sanzomat
Plasterboard on timber studs will almost certainly be the cheapest way to make a partition. Rather than plastering it you could go for the tapered edge boards (same price as square edge most places) and just fill the joints and screw holes. A bag of easifil goes a long way and if you aren't the best at spreading it sands easy!

That’s what I did, then to make it look very neat pasted up backing wall paper over it before painting, same texture over it all.

Make sure you put a bit of scrim in the joints to stop cracking.

Benzine - 8/3/22 at 12:41 PM

Thanks for all the ideas everyone!