Board logo

Camping stove
dave1888 - 19/3/06 at 12:24 PM

I need a camping stove, are these any good. Rescued attachment stove.jpg
Rescued attachment stove.jpg

3GEComponents - 19/3/06 at 12:28 PM

We use one to boil a kettle, fry bacon etc, when we go out on to exmoor. Works fine for us!

lewis635 - 19/3/06 at 12:51 PM

brilliant bit of kit, buy the additional heater aswell to keep your tent warm.
Heater attachment

MikeR - 19/3/06 at 01:33 PM

yep, excellent, but not lightweight so only for if you're camping with a car.

graememk - 19/3/06 at 04:33 PM

i feel sure i've seen these for sale in woolworths.

stevec - 19/3/06 at 06:16 PM

The thing to watch out for on all of these cookers is the cost of the gas refills,They can vary. Apart from that it looks a good bit of kit.
Steve.

JoelP - 19/3/06 at 06:57 PM

i used to have one, very handy. I believe my dad still uses one on his boat.

greggors84 - 19/3/06 at 07:48 PM

The one i have heard is very good is the coleman dual fuel.

You can use colmans own fuel, which is a bit dear. Or you can just run it on unleaded. Meant to be really good, will boil a kettle in next to no time.

Do a google or ebay for "coleman dual fuel"

owelly - 19/3/06 at 11:05 PM

I have a Coleman duel fuel and it's a great laugh. You can get massive flames and fire coming out of every orifice. And out of the stove too.
Gas is much cleaner and safer IMHO but as I go off on mammoth expeditions, and I like big fires, the petrol (duel fuel) ones are for me!!

Those cartridge type ones seem to struggle when they are getting half empty. You have to either be patient or waste whats left in the can. But hey are clean and handy.

Benzine - 19/3/06 at 11:15 PM

Petrol stoves all the way for me So much faster than gas. Also when I drive to mongolia there will be no need for gas canisters, I'll just get some petrol from the jerry cans