Board logo

Single Seater Concept (My silly idea....)
Tralfaz - 14/6/07 at 12:02 PM

I have been thinking I would like to do a single seater for my next project. While playing around in Sketchp I came up with this.(Not fully refined yet...) The original intent had been for all the bodywork to be covered but I like this better.

Comments?

twybrow - 14/6/07 at 12:03 PM

You might need something to connect the wheels to the chassis!

Looks bloody nice. I want one.

ned - 14/6/07 at 12:06 PM

it looks like a boat from the front and has similarities to the mev rocket..

Ned.

nick205 - 14/6/07 at 12:06 PM

Quite Ariel Atom'ish, but it does look good. It reminds me of a speed boat hull in it's general shape.

clockwork - 14/6/07 at 12:11 PM

You'd be very good with a welder and a hacksaw by the time you finished :-)

Is the look of the tubes a design feature? If not how about two large aluminium "rails" instead?

P.S. It looks good :-)

[Edited on 14/6/07 by clockwork]

MikeR - 14/6/07 at 12:13 PM

Looks like a lot of welding (that will have to look good as its exposed) also don't think there is a lot of space for the engine ......

but looks blooming nice love the way the nose works.

just thought, cooling could be a problem, put the radiator behind the drivers head to catch the air flow.

Surrey Dave - 14/6/07 at 12:48 PM

Looks good , but a number plate and mudguards would have to be carefully added.

Peteff - 14/6/07 at 12:57 PM

The front looks a bit pointy, round it off so the top rails look like they're all bent from one piece of tube.

cadebytiger - 14/6/07 at 01:11 PM

maybe you could do a catamaran style 2seater also?

Like the look of it!

speedyxjs - 14/6/07 at 01:42 PM

Looks like a locost amphibious car.
Could be the fastest amphibious car in the world

Tralfaz - 14/6/07 at 02:00 PM

2 More renders... Now with Seat!

These are at a 5'9" eye height.

Is it still so nautical when not viewed from 20 feet in the air?

Duncan_P - 14/6/07 at 04:37 PM

Looks good .......

Certainly going to be stiff

Is it intended to have the engine up front? If so where is the prop going to go?

If the engine is proposed to be in the back, maybe the front could be a tad shorter......

russbost - 14/6/07 at 04:55 PM

Think the nose might need to be a bit less pointy to satisfy the sva man. It's also going to be interesting when you arrive at a blind junction given that you're a long way from the front of the car

Catpuss - 14/6/07 at 05:35 PM

Nice, though from 20 feet up the front on picture makes it look like one of those WWII flat pack boats they used in A Bridge Too Far

cossey - 14/6/07 at 07:48 PM

it looks very long for its width which could affect handling but it looks good otherwise.

millenniumtree - 14/6/07 at 09:18 PM

Yah, I want one too. Looks sexy.

Long hoods have always impressed me.
That thing is so long, I bet you could put 2 engines in it, one in front of the other.

Narrow tyres and a covered body, and you've got a locost world speed record contender.

Tralfaz - 14/6/07 at 09:21 PM

Thanks all. Points taken.

This was just a concept sketch that started out going in a different direction than planned, I will have to refine things a bit now.....

Few responses:

Engine in rear- Right now the engine bay is a 'Tad' small. Bike engined with chain diff.

Wheelbase presently is 6 inches longer than my Series III Lotus chassis. The wheels need to be pushed out a bit in the drawing, as shown track is 2 inches less than my car.

Car would be Track use only. No SVA,plates etc.

Point taken on the nose, it is a good 7 1/2' from the drivers head to the tip of the nose..

Speaking of the nose.... perfect for entry in DeathRace 2008

Kind Regards,

T

[Edited on 14/6/07 by Tralfaz]

Tralfaz - 16/6/07 at 10:10 PM

Continued Here (New Version)

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=68910

Pezza - 16/6/07 at 10:16 PM

I like it