Board logo

Who's getting GTA4?
scoobyis2cool - 28/4/08 at 12:45 PM

I know there are a few games fans on here, so I was wondering if anyone else is getting GTA4 tomorrow? I don't play many games but GTA has taken up more hours of my life than I care to admit so I'm off to Asda at midnight to get my copy!

My XBox Live gamertag is PistonHeadPete if anyone fancies a game at some point, although I'll probably be caught up in the single player game for a while yet!

Pete

[Edited on 28/4/08 by scoobyis2cool]

Davey D - 28/4/08 at 12:52 PM

Ive got it on Pre-Order from Amazon, so hoping that it arrives tomorrow. i need to getmyself a Gold membership sorted out, as i have just stuck with my silver for the time being, as ive been spending all my cash on the kitcar

scoobyis2cool - 28/4/08 at 12:53 PM

I only got my XBox a few weeks ago and only got around to setting up Live the other day, so I'm still on my free month of Gold membership. I think a year is only 40 quid so it's not going to break the bank, although it may severely reduce your build hours, particularly when it gets cold!

Pete

Davey D - 28/4/08 at 01:08 PM

Mr GamerTag is: Dr Daph

If there are enough people on here with Xbox live we could have a Locost Builders Gaming team hehe

Dragon-Performance-Eu - 28/4/08 at 01:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scoobyis2cool
I know there are a few games fans on here, so I was wondering if anyone else is getting GTA4 tomorrow?

getting ? been playing it for a few days already

[Edited on 28-4-08 by Dragon-Performance-Eu]

scoobyis2cool - 28/4/08 at 01:16 PM

You jammy git, how did you manage that? I was hoping I might convince someone in Asda to give it me early but sadly not. Still, only a few hours left to wait now...

Pete

Dragon-Performance-Eu - 28/4/08 at 01:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scoobyis2cool
You jammy git, how did you manage that? I was hoping I might convince someone in Asda to give it me early but sadly not. Still, only a few hours left to wait now...

Pete

Mr Torrent is your friend as long as you have a flashed DVD Drive

scoobyis2cool - 28/4/08 at 01:23 PM

Aha I see, I had no idea it was on there already! Still, I'm happy enough to pay for it because I know I'll get my money's worth. The only question now is what to do between now and midnight, I might get some sleep to make up for the very late night I'm bound to have.

Pete

speedyxjs - 28/4/08 at 01:29 PM

Doubt il get it tomorrow but il DEFINATLEY be getting it

Aboardman - 28/4/08 at 01:50 PM

i will be getting it,

macspeedy - 28/4/08 at 01:55 PM

Ordered last month from amazon

Bring it on !!!!

macspeedy - 28/4/08 at 02:14 PM

i've had the bug so bad i have been trying to get the timer from the top of this page on my desktop

gamestation

scoobyis2cool - 28/4/08 at 02:15 PM

Hehe, glad to see it's not just me that's obsessed with it then! I think if I'd had a timer it would've driven me mad, I check all the GTA news sites about 5 times a day as it is!

Pete

liam.mccaffrey - 28/4/08 at 02:24 PM

I have been playing GT5-P continuously for over a week now, have bought the Ferrari F2007 twice

scoobyis2cool - 28/4/08 at 02:45 PM

I've been playing Forza 2 to kill time before GTA, but to be honest I tend to get bored of racing games pretty quickly. Having said that I had a race against my mate online the other day and that was good fun.

Pete

iscmatt - 28/4/08 at 02:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by liam.mccaffrey
I have been playing GT5-P continuously for over a week now, have bought the Ferrari F2007 twice

crikey, i have been trying to do the last race for a couple of days now!! tried the amuse S2000 and elise tuned but i can't get the set up right, any tips you could hand over???

And yes, i'll be at gamestation tonight to get my pre ordered copy, looks like i might be the only ps3 one here!! (its a bit like cec vs bec)!!

for info on the game this site is really good, also check out ign if you can't wait to see the game play

GTA 4

IGN

scoobyis2cool - 28/4/08 at 02:55 PM

Yeah I've been visiting gta4.net for months now, and gta4.tv, and IGN, and gametrailers.com, and several others - I like to get my daily GTA fix

Pete

macspeedy - 28/4/08 at 05:38 PM

been playing a lot of cod4 on the ps3 ! online game play is brilliant but gta4 will rule !

scoobyis2cool - 29/4/08 at 02:26 AM

Well, I managed to get my copy at midnight (actually more like 12.40 by the time I got to the front of the queue), and it's pretty damn awesome! Just spent most of the last hour running people over for fun... should I be worried?

If I wasn't so knackered I'd stay up a bit longer!

Pete

Aboardman - 29/4/08 at 06:49 AM

driving the car whilst drunk on the game made me feel like i was drunk.