Board logo

Any stonking mobile deals?
RazMan - 1/5/08 at 06:58 AM

I've been using my PAYG account quite a bit recently as I am doing a spell of taxi driving to try and scrape a living. I went to top up my account this morning only to find that I have reached my limit and can't top up any more this month

I really don't want to commit to any long term contracts but it looks like I need to sort something out now- are there any deals out there that I shouldn't miss at the moment?

chris_smith - 1/5/08 at 07:01 AM

i think O2 and maybe orange do a rolling monthly contract thing, not tied down to 12/18mth just to the month check O2 site im sure its on there

saigonij - 1/5/08 at 07:11 AM

o2 simplicity. works out the cheapest of all the deals they do. ill be moving over to that when my contract ends this month.

Mr Whippy - 1/5/08 at 07:56 AM

I'm o2 on an 18month contract, £22 for plenty of talk time + £7 bolt on for unlimited web access (really need that for a web phone). I find I am e-mailing folk more than talking as that’s how everyone I know usually does things so am nowhere near my monthly limit.

Might move onto a cheaper o2 deal after the 18months once I see how I'm using the phone. Only thing I've had any problems with is paying my bill on-line, just can't seem to get it to work so used the phone in thing instead.

[Edited on 1/5/08 by Mr Whippy]

scoobyis2cool - 1/5/08 at 09:29 AM

I just signed up for this deal:

*300 texts a month
*300 minutes a month to any network, including landlines, at any time
*free voicemail
*pay on a month-to-month basis, no tie in
*£15 a month

Edit: Might help if I add the link!

Pete

PS I'm a Virgin Broadband customer and they were doing a deal to get this for £10 per month, which I signed up for, but the offer expired yesterday. If you're a customer and you ask nicely they might still do it though.

[Edited on 1/5/08 by scoobyis2cool]