Board logo

Can anyone help me with some spark settings?
David_17 - 7/7/11 at 09:39 PM

Hi All.

I've just got my car on the road, and i'm taking it to bog brothers on Saturday to get the carbs set up. The carbs came off a 1.8 zetec which was running spot on. (1.7mm jets i was told).

I've put them on my 2.0 zetec and they're ok up to about half throttle through out the rev range. But anything more than half, i can only get to about 4000 rpm before it runs way to rich. (AFR gauge, exhaust sound and engine feel).

Can someone have a look at my ignition table below, and point me in the right direction to try and improve things a bit before the weekend?

Cheers

Dave

BaileyPerformance - 8/7/11 at 10:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by David_17
Hi All.

I've just got my car on the road, and i'm taking it to bog brothers on Saturday to get the carbs set up. The carbs came off a 1.8 zetec which was running spot on. (1.7mm jets i was told).

I've put them on my 2.0 zetec and they're ok up to about half throttle through out the rev range. But anything more than half, i can only get to about 4000 rpm before it runs way to rich. (AFR gauge, exhaust sound and engine feel).

Can someone have a look at my ignition table below, and point me in the right direction to try and improve things a bit before the weekend?

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

Looks OK but id would suggest you need 28degree's after 4000RPM to redline, for the purpose of setting up the carbs i would set the same advance curve across all TPS values.... idle = 10degree's, 15 at 2000rpm, 22 at 3000rpm, 28 at 4000 - 7000rpm

When the carbs are set up you could add more advance an part throttle to help fuel economy.

Cheers Dale.