Board logo

Cosworth T5 Gearbox Rebuild/Repair Manual
DixieTheKid - 1/10/11 at 01:09 PM

Does anyone know where i can download (or can anyone send me) the above?

Cheers Chris

liam.mccaffrey - 1/10/11 at 02:20 PM

i have a very good book on the borg warner T5. I'll get you the details. The rebuild manuals are freely downloadable, I'll see if i can find mine

DixieTheKid - 1/10/11 at 03:38 PM

Anyone got a link for a downloadable version?

Dopdog - 1/10/11 at 06:13 PM

I have one, when I can work out how to post it i will or i will put it in my photos for you

Bob C - 1/10/11 at 07:07 PM

I did a fair bit of work on one of these about 10 yrs ago. Tremec bought the design off brgwarner & manuals etc were all available off their site.
Only remember 2 things:
1) use ATF - nothing else will do
2) to dig out the mainshaft you have to dremel right through one of the bearings on it - inner and outer parts of the ballrace - no other way....
aside from that - excellent, solid, nice piece of kit. can be tricky to get the lid with the selectors on right,- eventually you get the knack

DixieTheKid - 1/10/11 at 08:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dopdog
I have one, when I can work out how to post it i will or i will put it in my photos for you

Excellent, if you would be so kind that would be awesome.

DixieTheKid - 1/10/11 at 08:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Bob C
I did a fair bit of work on one of these about 10 yrs ago. Tremec bought the design off brgwarner & manuals etc were all available off their site.
Only remember 2 things:
1) use ATF - nothing else will do
2) to dig out the mainshaft you have to dremel right through one of the bearings on it - inner and outer parts of the ballrace - no other way....
aside from that - excellent, solid, nice piece of kit. can be tricky to get the lid with the selectors on right,- eventually you get the knack

Good info. Thanks for that.

mcerd1 - 2/10/11 at 08:41 AM

u2u me your e-mail address