Board logo

Q: measurements Propshaft GBS
t.j. - 3/10/14 at 09:17 AM

Hi,

Does anyone know anything about the propshaft from GBS:

- length min-max
- is the front flange the "transit"-one which fits on the transit flange of the MT75?

Thx.

[Edited on 3/10/14 by t.j.]

designer - 3/10/14 at 10:19 AM

Why not ring GBS?

luke2152 - 3/10/14 at 04:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by designer
Why not ring GBS?

my experience with GBS on such things went along the lines of 'it will fit x item we also sell and that's all you need to know'

They were most unhelpful when I wanted to use different dampers and steering rack to the ones they sell

designer - 3/10/14 at 06:16 PM

quote:

my experience with GBS on such things went along the lines of 'it will fit x item we also sell and that's all you need to know' They were most unhelpful when I wanted to use different dampers and steering rack to the ones they sell

That's how they treated you when you had bought a kit!!

Not right, but probably typical of the majority of these types of company.

luke2152 - 3/10/14 at 06:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by designer
quote:

my experience with GBS on such things went along the lines of 'it will fit x item we also sell and that's all you need to know' They were most unhelpful when I wanted to use different dampers and steering rack to the ones they sell

That's how they treated you when you had bought a kit!!

Not right, but probably typical of the majority of these types of company.

In fairness they have been quite helpful and informative on other aspects of the build but that attitude regarding using different parts pissed me right off.

AndyW - 3/10/14 at 06:26 PM

I built my GBS with about 90% parts not from them, and I must say, they could not be more helpful, even with info about parts that I had no intention of buying from them.

If you speak to the guy who works in the stores then you may not get the most helpful advice, ask to speak with Simon or Richard they have always answered any question, and the workshop have even "loaned" me things to help along the way.

I suppose its how a question is asked...................