Board logo

Blacktop Water Diagram
Fandango - 7/7/16 at 12:27 PM

Hi all.

Had a look here, but can`t seem to find definate answer.

Have got to the plumbing stage of the Blacktop / Locost install, so just looking for simple plumbing diagram / plan.

It is standard 2.0 Blacktop, track only, so do not need heater. We just need switch for fan, and sender for temp gauge.

Can anyone direct me to suitable plan / diagram here, or elsewhere?

Cheers

loggyboy - 7/7/16 at 12:30 PM

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=161780

I believe this is the most common solution, but can obviously be adapted to suit rad types and header tank outlets.

Norfolkluegojnr - 7/7/16 at 12:40 PM

This is how I did mine. not my pic though:

tims31 - 7/7/16 at 04:30 PM

And mine, just blank off the points that come from the heater.

chris - 7/7/16 at 09:08 PM

I haven't got any bypass pipes
just got the main hose from thermostat going to top of rad and from water pump to bottom of rad with a inline filler with pressurised cap on top hose and blanked off the two smaller connections on thermo housing works fine for me

ChrisL - 8/7/16 at 11:44 AM

my diagram with hose sizes!

resized
resized

craig_thomas - 11/10/18 at 09:11 PM

Hi all

I’m at this stage of my build but was wondering if I could plumb this slightly differently.

Going off the top diagram could I run the green hose to the bottom of the radiator and the yellow hose to the top of the rad.

Only ask as I have custom alloy pipe that worked on my old engine and would work a lot easier.

Thanks

[Edited on 11/10/18 by craig_thomas]

[Edited on 11/10/18 by craig_thomas]

rusty nuts - 12/10/18 at 09:08 AM

Hot water rises and cold water defends so they way you want to plumb yours in would be working against the natural flow reducing the cooling effect of the rad .