Board logo

Megajolt kit from the 'states
martinq357 - 13/7/17 at 01:38 PM

All,

Has anybody had experience (good or bad) of ordering a Megajolt kit from Autosportlab.com in the states?

Or alternatively know where I can order a kit in this country, to avoid all the import duty hassle? (And I'd rather support a U.K. based company to).

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Pete Jordan - 13/7/17 at 01:51 PM

I bought mine in the UK a number of years ago from an MGB enthusiast but cannot find his details I'm afraid. I do know that "Trigger Wheels" sell them but at a price (about £250 I think and that doesn't include the coil pack and sensors). Try this link Trigger Wheels Megajolt page

r1_pete - 13/7/17 at 03:09 PM

Bought mine from autosport labs a few years ago, no problems, took about 10 days iirc.

Do they still sell kits? At one point they stopped due to claims from careless assembly.

big_wasa - 13/7/17 at 04:20 PM

I bought a few many years ago. I thought they stoped the kits when they went surface mount technology ?

With the poor conversion rate and getting shafted on the duty I would try and find one in the U.K first.

chris - 13/7/17 at 04:46 PM

got mine from trigger wheels although if i went back to carbs i would probably go for a nodiz cos it dont need an edis less wiring

[Edited on 13/7/17 by chris]

johnemms - 13/7/17 at 06:41 PM

Bought mine from US.. Arrived quickly..
Chucked Nodis away due to bluetooth problems..
I would swear the ford edis module was stronger and better..
Very easy to program - 2 maps on the fly - switchable

Jed - 13/7/17 at 09:07 PM

Just a thought, and it is going a bit left field, but would a Speeduino work in spark only mode? I was going to suggest using Megasquirt in spark mode but the Speeduino should be a lot cheaper, however I've not tried one so can't vouch for them.

AntonUK - 13/7/17 at 11:11 PM

I also had mine from there. Well packaged and arrive reasonably quick too.

Ugg10 - 14/7/17 at 06:49 AM

If you are only after spark then why not go with nodiz?

coozer - 14/7/17 at 07:49 AM

Bought mine off Phil at extraEfi..

Dunno if he's still doing them but worth a Google?

Bigkiltedwarrior - 14/7/17 at 10:23 AM

From Trigger wheels earlier this year. Very speedy delivery and good communications.