Board logo

4age in need of a rebuild - advice on where
MrCroker - 17/5/18 at 07:43 AM

Hi all

I have a 4age red top on twin dellortos which is using some oil when hot plus it had been in the car for about 10 years.

So time to get a hone and refresh. Google hasn’t really throw up any one for the task.

Hence this post to see if there are recommendations to get the work done.

Thanks
Mark

ttalps2000 - 17/5/18 at 07:54 AM

Contact RAW engineering, they used to be the 4AGE experts!

if not there is a company in ireland (republic) that i can dig the details out for if need be

stripe - 17/5/18 at 08:34 AM

I used Rogue motorsport in warwickshire for a rebuild a couple of years ago

http://roguemotorsport.com/

JimSpencer - 17/5/18 at 02:26 PM

Cougar Engineering Redditch.

Looks after several of the 4AGE powered cars in the hillclimb/sprint scene - amongst others too.

Jed - 17/5/18 at 03:37 PM

How deep are your pockets? Richard Macer does some good stuff with the 4AGE but it won't be cheap.

Theshed - 17/5/18 at 07:20 PM

Where - The Kitchen? Nice flat surface once you remove the tablecloth. Built in parts washer.

You are just taking it apart and putting it back together again....what is hard about that!

MrCroker - 17/5/18 at 09:59 PM

Thanks Gents.

I give them a call. Cougar is interesting as I wanted an MSA cage for it

theshed - there isn’t a kitchen table and using dining table won’t extend life. Workbench is possible but full hence get it done.

JimSpencer - 18/5/18 at 07:42 AM

Hi

Cougar (Nigel BTW) had done most of the cages for the Strikers in speed events too - including the one in my photo archive, highly recommended for both bits.

MrCroker - 18/5/18 at 10:21 AM

Thanks Jim

I spoke to Martin @ RAW about a cage for hillclimbs/sprints last year but it wasn’t an yes we can do that

Nigel will be first call

russtik - 18/5/18 at 10:23 PM

I had Richard Macer build me a 4A-GE. Send me a PM if you want his number.

JMW - 19/5/18 at 04:40 PM

I only know Cougar of the ones mentioned, but I would recommend Nigel in a heartbeat. A sound, decent bloke. He sorted out a problem with my 4AGE very reasonably.

MrCroker - 4/6/18 at 06:51 PM

Thanks Gents

The Striker was dropped off to Nigel today

bi22le - 4/6/18 at 07:10 PM

Sounds like the right bloke to rebuild my 20v and map it for me if I ever get around to it!

MrCroker - 30/6/20 at 07:22 PM

A little follow up

NIgel rebuilt it in 2018 plus tidied up a few bits. Very neat and kept me up to date

It needed boring so as it was apart it acquired new bits cams etc.

Finally got it to the rolling road at Stanton Motorsport - also recommended - last week where it made better than expected power with a nice torque curve.

Very pleased.