Board logo

Finding the right silicon hose
bi22le - 3/11/20 at 12:30 PM

I have a silicone rubber hose which has a 90 Deg down then 90deg right. Obviously the distances are also key. At the moment it's made up of several different tubes all connected, a total of 6 jubilee clips which look a mess and risk leaking.

Anyone know how to match off the shelf silicone hoses or is it a case of keep your eyes peeled for that needle in a haystack?

Charlie_Zetec - 3/11/20 at 02:14 PM

There used to be a company called DLP (DL Products) in Essex that supplied motor parts and spares to the trade - this included silicon pipework. I'm not sure if a) they're still going, or b) they'll have the right part, but might be worth a call.

EDIT - quick Google search shows the company is still listed as active, but shop is permanently closed??

EDIT (2) - you can get custom hoses made up, but unsure of cost and never personally had it done.

Duncan Grier - 3/11/20 at 05:56 PM

I expect custom hose to match current setup the best option but not sure on the cost of custom hoses

Or try the well know silicon hose places who may have something off the shelf off something else suitable

Or could you got for mass produced bends and alloy joiner pipes?

HowardB - 3/11/20 at 06:05 PM

Pretty sure that Graham Goode in Leicester did a custom hose business - I had some hoses from them a few years back for the fury.
worth a call - nice guys and always time for a car related chat...

GG Motors

hth

jester - 4/11/20 at 12:27 AM

Or

https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/s/samco-silicone-hoses-kits

Duncan Grier - 4/11/20 at 06:52 AM

https://www.viperperformance.co.uk

I have used these for a few projects and had a good service and good product

pewe - 5/11/20 at 10:01 AM

Creations Motorsport in Brum have a pretty good selection on-line and are very helpful.
See Creations Motor Sport

bi22le - 5/11/20 at 10:28 AM

Thanks all.

I am hoping with all of the different cars and hoses out there I expect one to pretty much fit. I just need to find the one.