Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bike carbs(again)
Ianz18avon

posted on 17/5/05 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
Bike carbs(again)

Hiya,
Just to let you all know that I now have a few pics of Bike carbs on a Zetec in an Avon (phew) in my photo archive.
Ian

Northy

posted on 17/5/05 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
The engine seems a bit far forward, or nose cone a bit far back!

I didn't think the front would be under the bulge in the nosecone!

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jacko

posted on 17/5/05 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Photos

Hi Ian just got the photos to work thay look very good let me now how thay perform when you get it on the road Graham
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ianz18avon

posted on 17/5/05 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
must be the nose cone, the gearbox has only 15mm left to go back on the propshaft!
Northy

posted on 17/5/05 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Have you tried fitting the bonnet?

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Northy

posted on 17/5/05 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
The bolts holding my nose cone on go through where the white arrow is on this picture.

Car looks great by the way! Rescued attachment orange avon.jpg
Rescued attachment orange avon.jpg

Graham

Northy

posted on 17/5/05 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
Ian, where are you in the UK?

Graham

Ianz18avon

posted on 17/5/05 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
I'm getting worried now, I just looked at the pics and the nose is as far forward as it can get! no not tried bonnet yet.
Northy

posted on 17/5/05 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
I mounted my nosecone with the bonnet fitted. I trimmed a little off the back of the bonnet to square it up, and left the bonnet as long as possible.

If your local I can bring mine over if you want. Where are you?

Graham

Ianz18avon

posted on 17/5/05 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Gillingham Kent
Ianz18avon

posted on 17/5/05 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
Graham, I think but not 100% that the "book" shows plastic SVA covers over bolts where I've put mine I'm gonna check bonnet and book 2moro tho (book in garage,garage a mile away!) I guess your not local going by the name.
Lightning

posted on 17/5/05 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Mines bolted as Ianz18avon, as the bonnet would have been too short. I think that was mainly due to the haphazard way that tiger trim their panels. I wish they left them too big for us to trim. I had the same at the front of the body side rolls where the meet the dash. Had to glass in extensions.

Steve

Northy

posted on 17/5/05 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
In North Yokshire

Graham

big_wasa

posted on 17/5/05 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like Bogg Bro's work...

Would be very interested in the pipe work to and from the carbs???
What are you using for the fuel pump/rad ect????

Ianz18avon

posted on 18/5/05 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a polo rad and NF Autos pump(which may be a mistake) and a filterking regulator/filter.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.