Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How much a wedding costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 25/4/08 at 11:39 PM Reply With Quote
How much a wedding costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daughters getting married tommorow..........If we boys went out and bought a" TOOL or fancy TOY costing" 2-3 thousand pounds and used it for one day....then threw it all away after taking umteen photos....
what would swimbo say

blakep82

posted on 25/4/08 at 11:53 PM Reply With Quote
wtf?! what toy costs 2-3 grand?!

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

RichieW

posted on 26/4/08 at 12:08 AM Reply With Quote
Nevermind that. What wedding costs 2 or three grand.? I reckon Mango got off very lightly if that's the cost.
blakep82

posted on 26/4/08 at 12:09 AM Reply With Quote
oh, right, i suddenly understand what you mean
i thought you mean you were gonna buy something for 2-3 grand, to be used in a few photos tomorrow for a laugh, and thought the wife was gonna be pissed off with you lol

awww, but its a girls biggest day etc etc, all that nutsack
have a good time. hope the weather holds out

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

blakep82

posted on 26/4/08 at 12:10 AM Reply With Quote
^ lol, how does that work?! i didn't write nutsack! i wrote something that rhymes with rollocks! ha ha ha
does this site automatically replace rude words?

just to test, what if i wrote f**k? i'll edit it out in a sec

no... it didn't lol

[Edited on 26/4/08 by blakep82]

[Edited on 26/4/08 by blakep82]

Macbeast

posted on 26/4/08 at 12:17 AM Reply With Quote
2100 posts and you've only just noticed ??

What a clean - minded person you are

Have a great day Mango - wedding eh ? How posh

[Edited on 26/4/08 by Macbeast]

Paul TigerB6

posted on 26/4/08 at 12:38 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RichieW
Nevermind that. What wedding costs 2 or three grand.? I reckon Mango got off very lightly if that's the cost.

Was gonna say - the one my ex missus had planned was more like £15k!!! Rockingham Castle might be lovely but Rockingham Raceway was far cheaper. She wasnt having any of it though!!

D Beddows

posted on 26/4/08 at 12:45 AM Reply With Quote
2 or 3 grand is a serious bargain in wedding terms!!!! ours cost nearly 10 a couple of years ago (including 2 for the the honeymoon admittedly) and it was a fairly low key event. Stupid money I agree especially when I'm sat here with a ring on my finger worth a very decent engine when all I wanted to do was marry the woman so symbolically a curtain ring would have done the job as far as I'm concerned!! - obviously that wasn't the point and I never said that

Have a great day

emsfactory

posted on 26/4/08 at 02:18 AM Reply With Quote
enjoy the day for what it is. Money means f all in the long run anyway.
Have a good one and savour it.

RK

posted on 26/4/08 at 02:53 AM Reply With Quote
2-3000 GBP is a steal. I have no idea what mine cost, but I was smart enough to have it several thousand kms from my home, so I didn't even have to invite a large number of my family.

Money means a lot when you haven't got any. People building cars generally have enough.

zilspeed

posted on 26/4/08 at 07:24 AM Reply With Quote
I think to be fair, that might just be the Mango contribution. In Scotland it tends to be Bride's half pay for this bit, Groom's half pay for that bit, whilst the two idiots, sorry, the happy couple pay the rest.

I'm sure it's way more than that.

I have 'a friend' (cough cough) who plays in a wedding band and they can expect the thick end of a grand for a wedding. Not that I'm saying I agree with it, but there you go.

trogdor

posted on 26/4/08 at 07:47 AM Reply With Quote
Its amazing how much a wedding cost and how much you can save, if you can put the time in.

Our wedding in Feb cost about 6K, which was pretty cheap. My wife is amazing at organising and saving, so i gave her all the money i could over the past year and she looked after it all. She also earnt most of that 6K too.

She made all the invitations, people were amazed she had made them, they were that good. My mum made us our wedding cake, it was very good!

Where we spent money was on food and drink, 2.5K just for that!

It went really well, people were saying it was the best wedding they had been too, though i am not sure if they were just saying that?

There was a prog on channel 4 called don't tell the bride where they gave them 12K, plenty of money though they always overspent!

But the groom had to oragnise it all! even picking out a dress and everything!

Is amazing how is you say the W word how the price can double. Our band only wanted £110 for the whole night, there were 7 of them! they just loved doing it in there spare time, though we did make sure they were well supplied by the bar.

[Edited on 26/4/08 by trogdor]

Delinquent

posted on 26/4/08 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
£16k ours cost - I finished paying for it 4 years after getting married.

That was with me designing the invites and the co. I worked for at the time doing the printing at a massive discount, my aunt doing the flowers at virtually nothing, and my mum doing the wedding cake (who'd have thought their professions would be handy eh?!)

The cost is all in how many guests you can get away with - if you've got a large family like both me and my wife, kiss your arse goodbye.

Unfortunately the donkeys at the reception forgot to announce that the buffet had been served, so when the lights went up at 2am there was a table with about £1k worth of food all beautifully presented, and totally untouched

scotlad
Contributor

Posts 781
Registered 30/9/03
Location Edinburgh

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built MK Indy Blade, RH 2b Zetec, rebuilding locos

posted on 26/4/08 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote
Only 4 weeks 'til the big day for me- and its us thats paying, with a contribution from parents Well skint

Wonderous is our great blue ship that sails around the mighty sun, and joy to everyone that rides along!

trogdor

posted on 26/4/08 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
yeah parents did help quite abit, we weren't going to have a honeymoon until later on this year as we couldn't afford one. But my dad booked us somewhere a few weeks before the wedding and wouldn't say where until a few days before.

We had 4 days in Venice, in a hotel right by san marko's square, is an amazing place!

bimbleuk

posted on 26/4/08 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
I assumed it was just the wedding dress from reading the initial post?
Hammerhead

posted on 26/4/08 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
could have bought an Ultima for the cost of my wedding!! luckily her parents payed.

[Edited on 26/4/08 by Hammerhead]

BenB

posted on 26/4/08 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
The average wedding now costs £15k. Of course we didn't have an average wedding

Oh the toys I could have bought!!!

Still, it was the best day of my life so far so I don't regret it!!!

I was determined to have the Se7en parked outside the castle when everyone turned up, when they decided with an hour to go that I couldn't I wasn't best pleased. Soon persuaded them Forget bridezilla, meet groomzilla!!!!

Agriv8

posted on 26/4/08 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
We got to about 10k in 2004 ( assisted by both sets of parents ) it a lot of money for one day. ( that flyes past at 100 miles an hour ) our main problem was the too big families

Regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

Benzine

posted on 26/4/08 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
Last wedding I went to was hosted in some country house that got the brides father £35000 (yes, 3 zeros) for the day just for the house. His speach lasted 45 minutes with about 20 references to the hole in his wallet

[Edited on 26/4/08 by Benzine]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeRJ

posted on 26/4/08 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
It's one single day in your entire life, I fail to see the point of crippling yourself financialy for it. Fortunately my wife had the same views so we went to Austria and got married in a tiny chappel in a rather nice resort in the Alps, and spent another week there on our honeymoon.

When we got back we threw a reception for friends and familly (150 ish people) in a local Fort (Crownhill Fort for anyone down this way) and it was a really great evening. Total cost was probably around 4k including her wedding dress, the wedding in Austria and the reception.

trikerneil

posted on 26/4/08 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
Mine cost £60

We've both bin through it before and the full blown white wedding didn't make either marriage any better.
So we just put the word about we were getting hitched and went to the registry office.
All back to the pub afterwards for the afternoon.

Granny wasn't too impressed, but everybody else has commented that it was the most relaxed wedding they've been to.

I suspect that most blokes are quite envious that we did that way.

Three years on and I'm still as happy as a pig in muck.

Neil

ACE Cafe - Just say No.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rusty nuts

posted on 26/4/08 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
My dad used to say it was the worst HP agreement he ever took out seven and six down and paying for the rest of his life . Cant say how much ours cost but a lot more than I wanted to pay, still she was happy.
Coose

posted on 26/4/08 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
Mrs Coose & I were married last August and the whole thing came in at about £2800! We were married in a lovely little hotel in the countryside, fed 40 people and got blind drunk in the eve! We laid on no entertainment as the guests covered that ok.....

It was a splendid day and neither of us would have wanted anything else!

Spin 'er off Well...

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 26/4/08 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
The big day photos

Nope we did it all in the mango workshop cars stationary invites food and photos for the cash

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.