Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Anglesey racing 750Mc 6th 7th June
procomp

posted on 27/5/09 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Direct link to the entry list and paddock plan and timetable can be found HERE.

Racing over the weekend includes: LOCOST - RGB - STOCK HATCH - MR 2's - GOLF GTI - SAXMAX - FORMULA VEE - FORMULA 4 - FORMULA 750 .

As usual there will be many forum members racing over the weekend.

LOCOST: #3p Alister Garret - #4p Scott mittell - #6 Richardjenkins - #8 TMC - #9 Gloves - #15 gib1et - #25 Richd - #28p Blackie - #39p stevetzoid - #42 ironside - #43 simes43 - #47 Rob Palin - #52p procomp - #53p gogs - #56p modee - #63 pumpers - #91p mlees91 .

RGB: #2 progers - #21 MK9R.

Any forum members attending feel free to have a chat take the mickey ect. All of the above drivers are friendly. And the kettles always on in the Procomp motorhome.

Cheers Matt

PS if i have missed any one else of the above list please Shout up.

[Edited on 28/5/09 by procomp]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rob Palin

posted on 27/5/09 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
*cough* *cough*

#47 also coming out to play at Anglesey!

procomp

posted on 28/5/09 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Rob

Do you know how many times i went over that list before hitting the post button. I knew there would be one or two i had forgotten.

I was hoping you where not going to race so i could come and nick your engine back. However at 7pm last night we eventually found the reason for my lack of performance at Mallory. All i will say is F##$~~~g Kent cams. Question is have they got cams and followers in stock Hmm.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
procomp

posted on 28/5/09 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

Whats up with team Allied racing. Only one of three drivers out. Wheres our leader.

Also just read the TRC article on the locosts. There's a few miss quotes in the article. One off them means that all catering for the locosts is now down to TMC.

Ill start the orders of with a full English each morning with a spread of sandwiches for lunch and and and It will only make sense if you read the article. Have you had a copy Matt ( TMC ) some descent pictures of the car. Or shall i bring a copy to Anglesey.

Cheers Matt

pumpers

posted on 28/5/09 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
WTF is going on, I'm down as 1st reserve!!

Reading the regs this means theres a good chance that I won't even get to race and if I do then I'll probably be starting at the back ( yes, I know, i'm somewhere back there normally but not last!!!).

I'm into the weekend for over £400 ( testing, race entry, B + B) and theres no guarantee I'll even race !!

Has anyone else been in this situation and what happened? Did you manage to race or not?
I was really looking forward to this as I only do 6 races a year, this being one of them and now it looks like I wont be racing.

Craig no 63
seriously pissed off.

TMC Motorsport

posted on 28/5/09 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Matt,

I'm not altogether sure where that one came from, but if a kettle suffices then catering it is! I have seen the article thanks, but I'm sure there will be others that haven't if you have a spare copy or two to bring to Anglesey.
I thought John's comments were quite insightful, although he has put a little pressure on us with the caption under one of the photos of the Bio car!

Good publicity for the Locosts though, I think John thoroughly enjoyed driving them. It would be nice to tempt him out for a race in the future.

Cheers,
Matt

Rob Palin

posted on 28/5/09 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
Craig,

I've been a reserve a few times and it is pretty awful. The first time i ever went to Brands i was 6th reserve and the 5 ahead of me all got in. I ended up sitting at the end of the pit lane, all kitted up and engine running, waiting for the first three racing laps to be completed then packing up & heading home. Utterly miserable.

On the plus side, if you're 1st reserve then there is a reasonable chance you'll get into at least one of the races as it'll only take one car to have some misfortune.

Having been so burned by this in the past i now do the bulk entry for all the races i hope to compete in at the start of the season and then cancel if i have to, for whatever reason. It's definitely better to cancel than to enter each one at a time (though Sharon at the 750MC might kick my arse for suggesting that!).

Rob

p.s. Matt P - No you bloody well can't have my engine back! ;-) This thing's brilliant and i'm not letting it go!

Richd

posted on 28/5/09 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
Team Allied will be represented by me at anglesey. Will be setting off about tuesday to get there for Friday pm test. (looking forward to about 7 hours of "are we there yet dad" ) do I need my passport?

unfortunately the other allied members will not be in attendance, we made an executive decision that, as we were heading into sheep country, there would be too much of a risk of them not getting enough sleep to be able to do justice to the team. We are also a little worried about the oulton round as we would have to travel over the pennines where we understand there are some particularly attractive swaledale ewes.

allied.motorsport@hotmail.co.uk

www.alliedmotorsport.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
gogs

posted on 28/5/09 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
Craig,

I have been reserve for meetings at Mallory and Silverstone in the past and both times got to race - when have you ever known 100% reliability in Locosts?
I got in as reserve at Mallory because one of the drivers had forgotten to do his wheelnuts up and was driving around the formation lap "dropping his nuts" along the way!

I second Rob's point, the bulk entry is the way to go - enter those meetings you want to do at the start of the year. Failing that, get your entry in to Sharon on the opening date for that meeting to make sure you beat the rush.

Mark

simes43

posted on 28/5/09 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
Bulk is the way to go.

Once you receive the tickets, cancel your entry and a full refund will be yours.

Thats what I do. Keeps the car from harms way too

pumpers

posted on 28/5/09 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Tx for the replies guys. I'm thinking I'm gonna cancel as theres no guarantee i will get to race and it's alot of money on the off chance. I'll do a couple of trackdays instead at cadwell so i can kick all ur arses up there ))

Can't do brands cos it's my brother's wedding so I'll see you all at Cadwell.

Anyone know if I'll get my money back for the test session i've booked in the Friday?

tx

Craig

procomp

posted on 28/5/09 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Craig

Have a word with Robin. You will certainly get a large percentage of the entry fee back if you do not actually get too race. Although obviously it's the traveling ect where you loose out.

Cheers Matt

pumpers

posted on 29/5/09 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
YYYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Just rang Robin to cancel. Someone has dropped out so I'm in !!!

from being seriuosly p*****d off to big big grin!!

C u All Friday !! ( if your testing) If not, cU Sat.

Craig
Well chuffed !! And I've just won £100 playing poker !!

[Edited on 29/5/09 by pumpers]

simes43

posted on 29/5/09 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
And it wasn't me.............
Richd

posted on 1/6/09 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by simes43
And it wasn't me.............

So who's car have you borrowed then

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
simes43

posted on 1/6/09 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
It's geared for cruising, has the fuel capacity to be driven to Anglesey and it's owner is based in Peterborough........
Richd

posted on 1/6/09 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
It'll be interesting to see if you can still remember how these cars work. It's surprising how much skill degradation you get if you miss a few races. Then theres all that weight you've put on since you last raced, its got to effect your car's performance.

Don't worry though si, remember stick to your line and let the cars that are lapping you find their own way through.

are you testing Friday?

procomp

posted on 1/6/09 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
HI

LOL he is now you've started trying to wind him up.

Cheers Matt

pointy

posted on 1/6/09 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
So not only will I miss the sexy looking sheep in Wales i'm now gonna miss a fight...Bundle, bundle,bundle....Repeat to fade.

Andy p

simes43

posted on 1/6/09 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
I will use the Friday test to polish my mirrors in anticipation.

[Edited on 1/6/09 by simes43]

procomp

posted on 2/6/09 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

" I will use the Friday test to polish my mirrors in anticipation. " That was the polite reply. What was the original one you edited

Cheers Matt

simes43

posted on 2/6/09 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
You know me Matt, I will just potter about, keeping out of the way of the front runners, maintaining a low profile.

I learnt this approach from RichD

ernie

posted on 2/6/09 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
Now Chaps, I find this thread very interesting and I relay most of it to SWMBO. Who in turn, is frustrated that she cannot read them for herself as has not got the password for this site ( bearing in mind my ongoing season costs log). So can you please post some on the locost forum to which we get email updates as it has been a bit quiet of late. So hope you all have a great time on the west coast this weekend and that TMC has got lots of grub to keep you going
Richd

posted on 2/6/09 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by simes43

I learnt this approach from RichD

i should think you did, judging by the amount of time you spent parked up at the side of the track watching the racing

procomp

posted on 2/6/09 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Sat night is going to be a good night.

TMC doing the grub for all locosters. And now the new locost comedy act . Si & rich. The new punch and Judy show.
Only the highest placed finisher will be allowed to say " That's the way to do it "

Cheers Matt

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.