Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: who leaves there key in there MORTICE LOCK at night
blakep82

posted on 10/11/09 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
some people#s spelling is terrible but thats got nothing to do with your house being broken into, is it?

unless your particular burglar is crap at spelling...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

mistergrumpy

posted on 10/11/09 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
I'll apologise for being so picky it's just that spelling does do my head in and I appreciate that some people struggle with dyslexia tc. It's my problem and I'lll get over it but at least try and make an effort like not regularly posting in capital letters!
On another note, cheers for that Scootz it's quite interesting. Just had a quick look and it's down as "theft by housebreaking". Burglary in England and Wales can also be entering and committing or intending to commit criminal damage or GBH so there's a wider scope to collar people for it. I'll remember that when I have to deal with Scots, cheers mate.

scootz

posted on 10/11/09 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
In Scots Law you've got 3 specific common-law crimes surrounding Housebreaking...

Theft by Housebreaking
Housebreaking With Intent
Attempted Housebreaking With Intent

You also have a rather old (but still relevant) Scots crime of 'Hamesucken'. This is where someone forces entry into a house, not to steal, but to assault the occupants!

All are crimes punishable by imprisonment, so there are grounds for detention and arrest.

It's Evolution Baby!

Hellfire

posted on 10/11/09 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by luke_stephenson
oops i before e except after c!

Not always the case...... Weird isn't it?

Seize, leisure, height, science, society etc

Back on topic though, I doubt any opportunistic thief would go to the extent of trying to superglue a BIC pen to the end of a key. It's just one of many methods for a determined thief and a determined thief will get into your property regardless of what security measures you put in place

Phil

bassett

posted on 10/11/09 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
I am much more aware of this at my house as one late slightly drunk night i had forgotten my key and used my belt to open the normal lock through the letter box ingenious but highlights the dangers. We still leave the key in the lower lock as an extra precaution which i think we will stop now so thanks.

My MNR Blog Updated Jan 2010 - Track Day Prep Begins!

Ninehigh

posted on 14/11/09 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
quote:
Originally posted by luke_stephenson
oops i before e except after c!

Not always the case...... Weird isn't it?

Seize, leisure, height, science, society etc
Phil

There's the commonly missed part "when the word rhymes with bee"
Thus the only word on Phil's list that applies is Seize coz ov da "eee" sound like innit!

On the real topic though when will we be allowed to beat the living daylights out of burgulars?

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.