Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: The Police....
PSpirine

posted on 9/11/10 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
Unacceptable, I'd definitely complain. It's not about whether they solve it or not, it's about the attitude.

On a much more pleasant note I have to say that the Greater Manchester bobbies that dealt with me when my car was broken into a couple of weeks ago were very very helpful and useful. Came over within 30 minutes to have a look at the car and record everything. Forensics gave me a call the following morning to bring my car in for analysis.

Don't expect a result from them, but definitely didn't cause more unnecessary stress or aggravation.

Pavel

greggors84

posted on 9/11/10 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Had my flat broken into a couple of years ago when I was away with work. When I got back I went through all the processes with the police and scene of crime officers. They were all very helpful and very was never any hint of suspicion (maybe because 5 other flats had been broken into that night). 6 months later they even phoned to tell me they had caught someone from another burglary who had done mine too, of course nothing was retrieved, but was nice to know.

Its a horrible time and a friendly helpful policeman/woman/person can make things alot better. God know what I would have said if I had been accused of pulling an insurance job.

Good luck with your complaint and sorting your house out, hope you get some decent results.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

trikerneil

posted on 9/11/10 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
My missus works for our local Police Authority and says you should complain to the Professional Standards Department at your force's headquarters.
Details should be on your local police force's website.

Good luck, post any results you get.

Neil

ACE Cafe - Just say No.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
morcus

posted on 9/11/10 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Threatening to sue for defamation does seem to get them to actually do something. If you do they'll have to prove to a court that it was you doing an insurance fraud and will thus have to investigate it propperly.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

MikeFellows

posted on 9/11/10 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
Just to clear a few things up here as I appear to have opened a can of worms..

The initial policeman and police lady attending the house were professional and did what they needed, I have no issues whatsoever with them.

The finger print policeman was a nice guy and I pretty much left him to it bar making a cup of tea for him.

but the the guy that reckons hes from CID (yet wears a uniform (I don't know much about the police but i though CID wore civvys) hes a complete buffoon.

anyway having thought about it some more and read through the posts on here. Tomorrow I will draft a letter to whom ever is in charge at the branch he is based at and depending on the reply I get may send a second complete the IPCC

Thanks for the advice guys.

someone asked why I called my thread the police, there was no intent to have a go at the police as a whole, however I see how it would look like that if just reading the title. it was a rant more than anything and sadly as he works for them they get the blame. same as if I went to b&q and the advice i received from 1 person in the shop was rubbish. not really a go at the police just a random little chubby man

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.