<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bargain dashcam, £14 delivered
RazMan

posted on 17/1/11 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
This link might be of some help - no guarantees though

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
couch22k

posted on 18/1/11 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
Not got mine.

Unless its at home waiting for me.

scudderfish

posted on 18/1/11 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
There are 64bit drivers on the page just above the video here
Took me an hour to figure out how to set the time, DON'T turn the camera ON at the base until AFTER you have placed the TAG.TXT file on the SD card and unplugged the USB cable,and if you switch off at the base you have to do it all over again
Good camera though, amazing for £14.

Actually those drivers have been superceded by V2.02.004 (I Googled to find them on a drivers website) and they installed fine. The TAG thing nearly got me, but I managed to figure it out.

Any chance of a link? Being the fashion victim I am, I only have slot loading Macs so I can't use the mini CD that the drivers come on

RazMan

posted on 18/1/11 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
I think this is the link

http://www.general-search.com/fileinfo/19578335

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
designer

posted on 18/1/11 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
This is £50+ on Ebay!!!!

MOTOR BIKE HELMET/ IN CAR DASH DVR VIDEO CAM/CAMERA UK on eBay (end time 06-Feb-11 05:49:35 GMT)

RazMan

posted on 18/1/11 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Cheeky blighters! ... and they've already sold 7 of them too!

Cheers,
Raz

woolly

posted on 18/1/11 at 10:59 PM Reply With Quote
any body going to post there early efforts please
40inches

posted on 19/1/11 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by woolly

Just put one on You Tube.
Tried it between jobs yesterday,very poor light conditions, with heavy shadows and very low bright sun.
I also didn't screw the support rod into the suction cup fully, and the camera was pointing to the left a bit
I should point out that it comes with a bike mounting kit, that could be adapted for a 7, and a cigar lighter/USB adaptor and USB cable, this can be used as a power supply to save the battery,although I left it running and it recorded 3hrs on battery
Just watched the video on You Tube, a lot of the quality has been lost in the upload and I must clean the windscreen

[Edited on 19-1-11 by 40inches]

balidey

posted on 19/1/11 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for posting the vid, good to see results. Infact I'm quite impressed at that quality for the price. May now treat myself to one.

Dutch bears have terrible skin due to their clogged paws

ken555

posted on 20/1/11 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
This link might be of some help - no guarantees though

Just to let people know, it works. No more date/time overlay.

Youtube video to prove it

RazMan

posted on 20/1/11 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
Excellent! Did you use the hardware or software option? Any tips?

Cheers,
Raz

woolly

posted on 20/1/11 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
quote:
Originally posted by woolly

Just put one on You Tube.
Tried it between jobs yesterday,very poor light conditions, with heavy shadows and very low bright sun.
I also didn't screw the support rod into the suction cup fully, and the camera was pointing to the left a bit
I should point out that it comes with a bike mounting kit, that could be adapted for a 7, and a cigar lighter/USB adaptor and USB cable, this can be used as a power supply to save the battery,although I left it running and it recorded 3hrs on battery
Just watched the video on You Tube, a lot of the quality has been lost in the upload and I must clean the windscreen

[Edited on 19-1-11 by 40inches]

many thanks and have ordered

ken555

posted on 20/1/11 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Excellent! Did you use the hardware or software option? Any tips?

Software all the way.

Just follow the guide word for word, but in between stages I switched the camera off at the back, then back on before plugging in.

[Edited on 20-1-11 by ken555]

ken555

posted on 21/1/11 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
Has anyone else noticed quite a bit of RFI from the unit?

Stuck it into the Tintop today, and when running off the lighter socket, I noticed it started to "hiss" on the radio.

Might be that the reception is marginal in the area anyway.

dhutch

posted on 21/1/11 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
Not ordering one myself, but i know a lot of people with the keyring cam it was compared to in the video review (clearly form the same manufacture) and they have had some cracking footage with it.

Daniel

JoelP

posted on 24/1/11 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
first time i used it, 9 out of 13 files were corrupt and unreadable. Now its saying its 99% full, with no sign of anything on it.

I have a knack of falling out with technology!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

balidey

posted on 24/1/11 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
first time i used it, 9 out of 13 files were corrupt and unreadable. Now its saying its 99% full, with no sign of anything on it.

Not got one myself, but I have heard that most items like this respond well to quality branded SD cards, not the cheap items from China. So may be a reason why its failing on you?

Dutch bears have terrible skin due to their clogged paws

woolly

posted on 24/1/11 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
sorry to hear that.

got mine today and just viewing the ride home. all working.

if you can fit it upside down i will

40inches

posted on 24/1/11 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP

Mine did that, seems to be the cheap SD card. I went into properties,tools,check disk and found a card full of corrupt files.
I have done a format, redone the time and it seems OK, it seems to have happened when the SD card filled up.
If it happens again I will try a quality card

DarrenW

posted on 28/1/11 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
Has anyone got theres to work as a web cam on Windows 7? What driver did you use?

Im generally impressed for 20 quid so far.

laptoprob

posted on 29/1/11 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
40inches.....i know that area well on your youtube vid

I live near Crystal Peaks so will have to catch up with us early spring for a blat across Derbyshire.There is a small group of us with BEC+CEC cars.

Great little cam, just ordered one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajlF4nWJtGA

Richard Quinn

posted on 29/1/11 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
Has anyone got theres to work as a web cam on Windows 7? What driver did you use?

I think it works ok with Amcap which I think is on the disc (I downloaded the software as I was putting it on a netbook and couldn't be bothered looking for my DVD drive). You have to press the record button when it's plugged in but then it should show up as an option under "devices" in Amcap. I only tried it briefly and I was able to change to the camera from the netbook's built in one.

40inches

posted on 29/1/11 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Quinn
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW

I think it works ok with Amcap which I think is on the disc (I downloaded the software as I was putting it on a netbook and couldn't be bothered looking for my DVD drive). You have to press the record button when it's plugged in but then it should show up as an option under "devices" in Amcap. I only tried it briefly and I was able to change to the camera from the netbook's built in one.

I used the Amcap software on the 7Day website, works very well on Windows 7 64bit

40inches

posted on 29/1/11 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by laptoprob
40inches.....i know that area well on your youtube vid

I live near Crystal Peaks so will have to catch up with us early spring for a blat across Derbyshire.There is a small group of us with BEC+CEC cars.

Great little cam, just ordered one.

My work area covers a 5 mile radius around Crystal Peaks, I live in New Whittington
Be nice to go for a blat anywhere, the MK is 10 years old in March and may/will/better be finished by the summer this year

laptoprob

posted on 29/1/11 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
Give me a nudge if you need a hand with it mate. Your not too far away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajlF4nWJtGA

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.