Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 21st September Blyton park
Jon Ison

posted on 22/9/13 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
Jeff, do you see a difference in top speed with a passenger on board, my max was 7 mph down in a BEC ?
jeffw

posted on 22/9/13 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
Jon

The speeds are GPS speeds so 'real' in that sense. Obviously having a passenger in a car will slow the acceleration but also the car is set for me driving as far as corner weights and it was difficult to get it out the long left hander onto the straight. I would imagine with just me in the car and on my sprint tyres it would be around the 120-123MPH mark to the first chicane.

I'll let you see the video from the sprint next year when I go back

Ahhh....sorry Jon, I realise what you are refering to now...There isn't the difference with and without a passenger you would get with a BEC. The Phoenix is 620Kg with 280 ft lb at the wheels so another 80Kg isn't as big an issue as 450Kg BEC with 130 ft lb.

[Edited on 22/9/13 by jeffw]

Rocket_Rabbit

posted on 23/9/13 at 01:02 AM Reply With Quote
A fantastic day with plenty going on.

Had a great chat with all the staff and people at RoadRunner Racing and am now in a position to drop my engine and gearbox off for test fitting.

The SR2 is a fantastic car! Even though the one I went in was set up for road, it was nice and controllable and didn't feel too soft.

Had a go in the Mega S2000 as well which was nice, but needed grippier tyres (It had R1Rs on it).

Didn't see the Elise blow up, but did see the circuit owner walking around with a 10" long M12 bolt from someones car!

Hadrian

posted on 23/9/13 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Thanks to Jeff for the ride. Brutal power delivery and also interesting comparing the "swings and roundabouts" between high power and lightweight cars back to back... shame you were prevented from taking up the reciprocal offer. (To be fair to AB they were using a customers Sabre and treating it gently after they'd broken a gearbox on their own car)

Well done to the organisers, circuit and exhibitors... and those who came along to make it worthwhile.

Glad you enjoyed your Pax lap....I was too scared to get in your 'beast'....

Interesting that they where using the customer's Sabre....obviously it wasn't fitted with the optional mirrors given the reticents to move over.

Sorry about that Jeff, still at the bottom part of the learning curve with this car and yes I was being gentle with it though it was commented I was driving like I bought it and my son was driving like he stole it! (Both true!)

Hadrian

jeffw

posted on 23/9/13 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
No problem....I was just jealous of the car really lol. As you have two seats you may find some track instruction moves you closer to the 'stole it' mode of transport. Did look good going round and I hope you had a great day (even with some red thing behind you ) You where a bit of a target for me I'm afraid...something to catch and pass.

I've not put the video online Hadrian so a brown envelope with a used fiver inside gets it deleted

[Edited on 23/9/13 by jeffw]

adithorp

posted on 23/9/13 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to LCB, Hadrian. Your car looked great.

Ignore any wee taking from Jeff, he's too chicken to ride in the passenger seat of my long distance touring set-up car nevermind a full on race car.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Hadrian

posted on 23/9/13 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
No problem....I was just jealous of the car really lol. As you have two seats you may find some track instruction moves you closer to the 'stole it' mode of transport. Did look good going round and I hope you had a great day (even with some red thing behind you ) You where a bit of a target for me I'm afraid...something to catch and pass.

I've not put the video online Hadrian so a brown envelope with a used fiver inside gets it deleted

Depends which colour drivers lid is visible!

jeffw

posted on 23/9/13 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
lol....black and silver

Hadrian

posted on 23/9/13 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
I'll get a used fiver in the post to pay you to post the video! That was number one son not me!
jeffw

posted on 23/9/13 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
Ahhh....caught him twice. He was as good as gold once he had clocked the mirrors, I think he was a little shocked to be caught the first time.

This was the 2nd time when we where queuing....luckily for No1 son the datacard was full so no video of the runs in the pm.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.