Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: No luck selling my car - any ideas?
Arthur Dent

posted on 5/10/05 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scoobyis2cool
quote:
Originally posted by Arthur Dent
How is it registered? If I could import it into to Canada as a 15+ year old car I'd be interested.

It's registered on an E plate but the date of manufacture is down as last year. I don't know how that would work with importing it, I guess it would depend on Canadian laws. If you decide it is something you'd be interested in then let me know, email is probably the best way.

Cheers,

Pete

Ok - I'll get back to you in a couple of days - gotta do my research. Thanks.

'The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.' Douglas Adams

steve m

posted on 5/10/05 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
and its a piece of lego !!!
scoobyis2cool

posted on 5/10/05 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
and its a piece of lego !!!

eh?

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Arthur Dent

posted on 6/10/05 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scoobyis2cool
quote:
Originally posted by Arthur Dent
How is it registered? If I could import it into to Canada as a 15+ year old car I'd be interested.

It's registered on an E plate but the date of manufacture is down as last year. I don't know how that would work with importing it, I guess it would depend on Canadian laws. If you decide it is something you'd be interested in then let me know, email is probably the best way.

Cheers,

Pete

Looked into it. Was told it would "probably" work. Seems to hinge on the mood of the gov't employee doing the assesment. So either they'll let it in fine or make you a) send it back to be resold or b) destroy it. So I'm going to pass - I'm just not that much of a gambling man.

'The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.' Douglas Adams

scoobyis2cool

posted on 6/10/05 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
That sounds fair enough - would be terrible if it got over there only to be destroyed! Good luck finding a car

Pete

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.