Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: which kit should we buy? help please
sonic

posted on 7/10/05 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Matey

if the distance to a supplier is a problem

Then it is better to go 100 miles once than go 50 miles a dozen times.

so go to MK and save a lot of messing about and traveling to get it right!!

bigrich

posted on 8/10/05 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
just to confirm mac#1 are based in Sheffield approx 3 minutes from junction 33 m1 top blokes,products and dam helpful too
MK are near to Worksop not really Sheffield

G.Man

posted on 8/10/05 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
LOL

and now here be the problem with a "which kit thread"...

All the answers will be, buy the kit I did coz they are the best...

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

sonic

posted on 9/10/05 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
Hi
Gman would you recommend a kit you had built having had loads of problems with the kit or the company!!

I am sure i wouldnt, all the kits have there good and bad points but having built and worked on many cars not only kitcars you form an opinion and that is what the guy who started this thread was asking.
Personally i went to all the top kit suppliers before i bought mine and to be honest i only found one who didnt slag everybody else off,thier's is rubbish and mine is best and all that crap.
my reply was in who's opinion,usually there own.
having been in sales for over 20 years now there is one thing these guy's should learn NEVER SLATE THE REST COS IT ONLY MEANS THEY HAVE SOMETHING TO WORRY ABOUT.If they had worked for me and used that pitch they would have been sacked!!!
I have seen many nice kits out there MNR MK MAC1 to name a few but i wish people would just stop talking shite about there competitors and get on with the job of producing a package people like.
MK and the rest have been around a while now and some people feel secure in buying tried and tested kit only time will tell for the rest and good luck to them,after all they are only trying to make a living the same as the rest of us!

G.Man

posted on 11/10/05 at 06:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sonic
Hi
Gman would you recommend a kit you had built having had loads of problems with the kit or the company!!

Having researched all of them, and built one, is hardly enough experience to recommend one over another...

All you will be saying is you wont go wrong building this one, not this one is the best...

It seems to me, that anybody considering a 7 style car should visit the sponsors of this forum, of whom all are shown to give good service and a good product and choose the one of those that suits you best.

I think we can all agree that the RH is the cheapest but best avoided compared to the others here, but the MNR, MAC1 MK etc have little between them other than fine tuning the options to suit oneself..

I narrowed mine to MNR and Luego but could easily have gone Mac or MK but for a few small requirements...

[Edited on 11/10/05 by G.Man]

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

Mix

posted on 12/10/05 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
Just thought I'd put in my two penneth,

In view of your last statement you imply you think you may build more than one.
This is a reasonable assumption as there are plenty of people on here doing just that.
Now consider the losses said people are taking on their projects when they sell them, there seems to be a bit of a glut of 'sevens' on the market and I doubt whether many people actualy cover the purchase cost of their builds let alone the labour.
If however you were to build from scratch your outlay would be significantly lower, (I estimate a fully bracketed chassis, engine mounts and wishbone set will cost me about £150 in materials).
Bearing this in mind, when you decide to build again you can use the compopnents from the original build as required, make a new chassis and thus greatly reduce the overall cost by not having to cope with 'depreciation'
You may even be able to sell the old chassis on to reduce costs even more.
I feel there is a limited market for 'sevens' and it's approaching/reached saturation point.

Mick

billy

posted on 12/10/05 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
I own a luego locost and id strongly recomend you buy a MK

luego-lo-cost finished,vauxhall 16v 2.0,twin 45s de-dion rear set up

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.