Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Aero screens / windscreens
Peteff

posted on 12/9/02 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
Bobble hat, chainsaw mask and sunglasses. That would look scarey, especially if you had an axe mounted on the rollbar. Even scarier, a teletubby mask.

yours, Pete

mark_rayfield

posted on 12/9/02 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to go all budget crazy, but how does the price of a helmet compare to the price of an aeroscreen guys?

Helmets probably cover a fair range, but hopefully they're all as safe as each other - or is that just wishful thinking?

MustangSix

posted on 13/9/02 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
I have a full face Bell that cost me $385 here in the US, but you could buy one for as little as $50. I wouldn't want to bet on it in a crash, though.

I'm going with a windscreen. We've got some bugs here in Florida that weigh at least a pound and I don't want to catch one of those with my teeth at speed!

wicket

posted on 13/9/02 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
In a crash you would get more protection from a helmet than a windscreen/aero screen.
donut

posted on 13/9/02 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
Ok so how many of you out there wear a full face crash helmet and do you feel a tit driving with one on?

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Liam

posted on 10/10/02 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
I'm having a windscreen cos I want to be able to cruise around town and smile at girlies without a helmet or a pair of WW2 flying goggles in my way, then be able to blast up an A road without getting a stone in my teeth like my buddy did. Speaking of him, how's this for irony: he got one of his teeth chipped by a stone...on the way to pick up his windscreen! Ha ha ha haaaaa...I mean bad luck mate.

Plus I actually think they look better with windscreens - more like a car, know what i mean. But it seems I might be in the minority there. Anyone else actually prefer the look of a windscreen or am I wierd?

Liam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
wayner

posted on 11/10/02 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
Eye protection or without eye protection, you all probably have suffered from mild " Arc Eye " and know just how painful and bloody awful it is. Well I've just had eye surgery ( not from a stone in the eye job )and the pain was just like Arc Eye but goes on for about two weeks. Really awful, so glass's for this kiddy,I don't fancy going through all that again.
David Jenkins

posted on 11/10/02 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
Nah - you just can't take the leg-pulling about your hairdo after the trip in the Isonblade!

David

David Jenkins

posted on 11/10/02 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
Oops! 'wayner' got his post in before me!

That dig was aimed at Liam...

David

Liam

posted on 11/10/02 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
I'd forgotten about that actually (or rather blocked it out)

But if anybody wants evidence in support of a windscreen, look no further than the last two pictures in Marcus' photo archive!

Or to summarize:

No windscreen + 120mph = Don King

Liam

Findlay234

posted on 14/10/02 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
can an sva passable windscreen be made out of acrylic or some other type of plastic? or does it have to be safety glass
donut

posted on 14/10/02 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
I'm sure it has to be 'E' marked.

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.