Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: North oxon/south northants meets?
DIY Si

posted on 8/7/06 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
I'm guesing more people would be available at the weekend? Or do most have family etc commitments then? Could make a nice afternoon out at the weekend, or evening meal during the week? Personally I'm easy () as I finish work at 4.30 latest.
the_fbi

posted on 8/7/06 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
Mines not on the road yet, but I'd love to come along to mooch about other peoples builds.

Weekday evenings works for me.

scutter

posted on 8/7/06 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
I'd say an weekday evening would be best for me, with possible BBQ's and stuff at weekends so the family can get involved.

ATB Dan.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Cheffy

posted on 8/7/06 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, weekday for me too. I'm a chef and work pretty much every weekend. I'm usually off on Wednesday's.

Mart.

Farts are like Rock'n'Roll. You love your own but you hate everybody else's. Lemmy, Motorhead.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Cheffy

posted on 8/7/06 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Username = Cheffy
quote:

I'm a chef

doh......nothing like stating the obvious!!!

Mart.

Farts are like Rock'n'Roll. You love your own but you hate everybody else's. Lemmy, Motorhead.

JUD

posted on 8/7/06 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scutter
I'd say an weekday evening would be best for me, with possible BBQ's and stuff at weekends so the family can get involved.

ATB Dan.

Sounds good, but I don't finish work at 16:30 like some! I would say 19:00-19:30 would be a good time for me. Wednesdays would be OK for me too.

Weekends would be a laugh. My wife would have to come in the tin top as she thinks the MK is a little unsubtle and generates "shag hair" very quickly! My son likes the car (see avatar) - can barely see out though. My daughter point blank refuses to go in it!

Cheffy - where do you do your "cheffing"? Somewhere in Woodstock or further afield?

Martin

Cheffy

posted on 9/7/06 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Martin,

Blenheim Palace.

Since 1985. Well, except for a 6 year sabatical between 1990 and 1996. You a Chef as well?

Cheers,

Mart.

PS Sorry for the post hi-jack.

DIY Si

posted on 9/7/06 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
Right then, seems wednesday nights are the most popular option. Would people want once, twice a month etc? Ie first/last wednesday of the month? Also, does anyone have a big garden for BBQs?
Cheffy

posted on 9/7/06 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
We (the Oxford lot) currently meet on the second Tuesday of the month. As it looks like there's a few of us (myself, Dan/Scutter, Chris/Greggors) who would be interested in attending a North Oxon/South Northants meet as well it might be an idea to seperate them out a bit. Wot about last Wednesday of the month?

Mart.

DIY Si

posted on 9/7/06 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a plan. So then, how many takers would there be for the last wednesday of this month? That would be the 26th.
Cheffy

posted on 9/7/06 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, should be okay. Having said that I bet I end up having to work now!!!

Mart.

JUD

posted on 9/7/06 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
The 26th should be OK for me. The only thing that may stop me being there is work related travel (no I'm not a Chef - more of a glorified salesman ).

Should be able to make 19:00-19:30.

Do have quite a large garden - but need to vet you lot to weed out the nutters before I invite you to my house!!

Martin

Cheffy

posted on 9/7/06 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Do have quite a large garden - but need to vet you lot to weed out the nutters before I invite you to my house!!

Wibble, wibble,wibble, fnar,fnar, ooer missus!!!

Dunno what you mean Martin

Mart.

PS. The Green Man on the A43 then?

[Edited on 9/7/06 by Cheffy]

DIY Si

posted on 9/7/06 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
Yup, Green Man, A43 near Brackley/Silverstone. Shall we say 7.30 for 8?
Cheffy

posted on 9/7/06 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, works for me.

Mart.

JUD

posted on 9/7/06 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds good to me.

Who else is up for it, and what vehicles are you all bringing? I'll be in the MK so long is it isn't peeing down/likely to pee down. Will give me a chance to try the lights out - first stint of night driving

Martin

chris.russell

posted on 12/7/06 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
looks like i will be able to make the 26th

Mines a pint

greggors84

posted on 12/7/06 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
Yep sounds good to me too, hopefully will be in the MK, fingers crossed!

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

scutter

posted on 12/7/06 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be driving the Locost with Martin in the passenger seat. I'll drive evne if there's a chance of rain, but I haven't told Martin yet
ATB Dan.

Dave Ashurst

posted on 13/7/06 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
I'd love to be there but we'll be away on holiday that week. Perhaps see you next time, if not before.
Have a good one.
Dave

Cheffy

posted on 13/7/06 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I'll drive evne if there's a chance of rain, but I haven't told Martin yet

You have now!

Any idea how a raised umbrella might effect the aerodynamics of a Locost?

Martin

k33ts

posted on 16/7/06 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
well be along,
havent had the car out much lately with newborn and stuff, time to make up for lost time

tukcustoms.com

Trev D

posted on 17/7/06 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Me to
DIY Si

posted on 17/7/06 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
Cool. Always wanted a closer nose round your car.
DIY Si

posted on 23/7/06 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Any further takers for the inaugrial (?) meet? So far we have
Cheffy
Jud
chris.russell
greggors84
scutter
k33ts
Trev D.
Any further takers? Just so i can ring the green man and let them know how much of the carpark we'll be taking up.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.