Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Saying hi, and a few questions :)
locostv8

posted on 11/7/06 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tks
Isn´t it a bit dangerous?

When i drove my car for the first couple a times i came home/ in the bar with 200beats atleast...

not to scary you in anyway offcourse...

does the fact pace maker makes inductonal noise dangerous like the high current in the welding machines?

anyway Welcome 006!

Tks

The Cobra is getting a bit sedate, can't get to 60 in the driveway. Actually I'm just using up a bit of the "Junque" I have laying around and building it so I can share tires/wheels with the PU.

[Edited on 11/7/06 by locostv8]

http://wrangler.rutgers.edu/gallery2/v/7slotgrille/hssss/

posted on 11/7/06 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
Well...the kit itself costs twice as much as the 2.8/3.4L kit...3.4 kit comes out to like $8k and some change, the 3.8 kit for some reason is $16k from Brunton. I will double check the prices and such, and if it is the same amount only + for the engine...I will be going that route then. Thanks guys.

~006

posted on 11/7/06 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
NVM, double checked the priced, I was looking at the wrong thing. The kits are the same price. The difference between the Stalker and the SuperStalker is about $300-600 depending on the engine/trans/diff prices.

~006

kreb

posted on 11/7/06 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
I think that you're still a bit off on the price, but I'd call the SS a no-brainer.

FWIW, Dennis is the real deal, Hellofa nice guy and more accesible than one could reasonably ask for. There will be a minor glitch here or there, but well, well worth it. Basically you're putting together a bona-fide supercar for the cost of a used sedan. There's nothing quite like passing Ferraris, Porsches, Lotus', Nobles and the like with a car that you built yourself. It almost feels like cheating

https://www.supercars.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/1966_FiatAbarth_1000SP1.jpg

posted on 12/7/06 at 02:57 AM Reply With Quote
Well, the price is quoted directly from Dennis during a phone conversation we had earlier. He said the difference is just a few hundred dollars (if you play your cards right at the junkyard) and the main thing I should think about instead of price is if I want to go "bloody fast" or "just a little zippy", lol. I think I'm going to go with the SS because I asked him if it was too much to handle, and he said with the supercharger on bypass mode (where it only comes on when you stomp on the gas/push it all the way in, a la a turbo's characteristics) you have a very calm daily driver, with the power basically on tap. Or you can have it just completely on and race, or turn it off altogether. I think that's a winner.

~006

chrisf

posted on 12/7/06 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
006:

Sounds like you're all set. My car was the black car with the stripe in the article. I live in the DFW metroplex if you have any questions. I just got my car registed.

With you San Antonio weather, you might be able to drive your car quite a bit. Make sure you check on insurance though. I'm finding most policies will not let you drive your se7en as a daily driver.

I've seen a very nice Stalker up close. I'm sure the Stalker guys will know which one I'm talking about. It's a Kansas car and has polished aluminum, countersunk exposed rivets (very nice) and a really odd windscreen. The owner tossed me the keys, but something came up and I didn't get a chance to drive the car. Too bad.

These guys are right. You really don't need too much to make these cars fast.

Honestly, if I were starting a US build, I would purchase a kit in the following order of preference:

Fisher Fury
MK (They are just so inexpensive, even with shipping to the US)
MNR
Coveland in the US

--HTH, Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.