Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Help Stuck Dowel
02GF74

posted on 19/11/06 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
can you tap the casing against a block of wood - may take a bit of time..

I wonder if yioiu can get some water past it then heat it up so the steam pushed it out?

.... but try warmiing it up and tapping first.

small magnet?

I woldn't try glue in case you glue it to the casing

DIY Si

posted on 20/11/06 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
If you can drill a small hole down the middle(ish) of it, try pouring some oil down it. Then get something matching the hole and hit it slowly in. The resulting pressure should lift it out.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

02GF74

posted on 20/11/06 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DIY Si
If you can drill a small hole down the middle(ish) of it, try pouring some oil down it.

... but if the dowel is spinning, may not be easy

what about using a vacuum cleaner or your gob to suck it with a piece of plsatic/rubber hose? (with vaccum cleaner would need to use duct tape to make a good seal)

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 20/11/06 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
depending on how easy it is to turn with a screwdriver, i woud make somthing with a bladed end like a screwdriver. epoxy it on and then turn it in a drill will gently pulling out.

OR

I am sure there is somthing fairly innocuous you can buy from the chemists which dissolves carbon steel but doesn't attack ali. I can't for the life of me remember where i read it or what the chemical is sorry

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

David Jenkins

posted on 20/11/06 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
If you're not in a hurry, get some boric acid from a chemist - it eventually dissolves steel, but leaves the ali untouched.

Make a dam around the piece using plasticene, pour in a strong solution, then go away for a day or two.

David

BTW: It's not dangerous stuff - just keep it away from your eyes and mouth, and don't let it get in contact with your skin too much. It's used as a wound disinfectant and ant killer!

carnut

posted on 23/11/06 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
got it out, tigged a small screw to it
Peteff

posted on 23/11/06 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
get some boric acid from a chemist - it eventually dissolves steel

It is actually antiseptic and is used as an eyewash and to treat cold sores, I was prescribed it for eye problems. It's used in artificial tears and industrial eyewash solutions. (It's also used to treat Thrush in women but we won't talk about that)

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.