Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mride C42 turbo BEC sportscar
jpread988

posted on 21/1/07 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
just thought i would put this on found it while doing a search.
the blue bearing carriers can be found on
http://www.bearingboys.co.uk/ourshop/cat_31087-4-BOLT-HOLE-FLANGE-BEARING.html

hope this helps

Mr Clive

posted on 21/1/07 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
That does. Thanks
Micke Fredriksson

posted on 21/1/07 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jpread988
just thought i would put this on found it while doing a search.
the blue bearing carriers can be found on
http://www.bearingboys.co.uk/ourshop/cat_31087-4-BOLT-HOLE-FLANGE-BEARING.html

hope this helps

Hi! That´s right! It´s the same shape of the bearing carriers as I use, but not the same quallity. I use SKF bearings. One thing you must check is the rpm speed the bearing will handle (topspeed of your car). In my case 2300rpm, I know that the SKF bearing will handle maximum 5300rpm, so that´s ok. I´ve seen other cheaper bearings in my size "40-45mm". And they will only handle maximum around 2000rpm.
A SKF bearing with carrier costs around 650-750 skr + vat (25%) each. (~ £80 each incl. vat)

/ Micke Fredriksson

Micke Fredriksson

posted on 10/3/07 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
Time for some new picts!!
Take a look at me website: www.mride.se

/ Micke Fredriksson

G.Man

posted on 10/3/07 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
Man you do some lovely work...

Cant help thinking the bike frame is probably no longer needed and you could shed some weight tho...

Still want one mind

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

Micke Fredriksson

posted on 10/3/07 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by G.Man
Man you do some lovely work...

Cant help thinking the bike frame is probably no longer needed and you could shed some weight tho...

Still want one mind

Thanks! Yes, well thought! The bikeframe is infact very needed in the construktion. If I take the bike frame off, I have to reinforce the everything around the engine, and make new strong enginemounts and so on.. So the total weight will probably be higher if I make a equal strong construktion of steel instead.

/ Micke Fredriksson

G.Man

posted on 11/3/07 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
Fair do's, I will reserve judgement until its had a few hard drives..

Just from what I know about bike frames, the torsional rigididty isnt up to much, might have been fine for one wheel on a swing arm, but I would have thought the additonal bracing required to get it stiff enough for 4 wheels, would have been sufficient to make it dead weight..

I can see the bracing you have on the bottom rear end mount, but the top looks like its bolted to the frame, well a lump of ally welded to the frame...

I can see why you retained it for the 3 wheeler, I just thought extending the top mount onto the chasis with some triangulation, then some good engine mounts would have saved some weight and given the torsional rigidity you need...

with the engine mounted at 3 points, it requires far less reinforcement than you would think...

Winston Todge

posted on 11/3/07 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
As per usual Micke, upto your usual awesome standard! Can't wait to see the videos of that one caning it around!

Have fun!

Chris.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sgraber

posted on 16/3/07 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
AWESOME!

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Micke Fredriksson

posted on 18/3/07 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks !!!
Now it is standing on it´s own wheels!! YiiHaaa!! Where´s the summer heat?

[Edited on 18/3/07 by Micke Fredriksson]

/ Micke Fredriksson

G.Man

posted on 19/3/07 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
thats just lovely...

Looks like its beggin for a rear wing tho

Micke Fredriksson

posted on 5/4/07 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
The Rear brakes takes shape!
Honda CBR 900rr rotors and calippers.

/ Micke Fredriksson

Micke Fredriksson

posted on 23/6/07 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
The Mride C42 sportscar is now totally roadlegal!! Really cool!
This is some picts from my first legal trip with some icecreame eating.

This is my new carbonfibre fenders I+ve made to the car. Really nice I think.

/ Micke Fredriksson

d8mok

posted on 24/6/07 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
thats mega
Dillinger1977

posted on 24/6/07 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
holy s...t , thats fantastic, I love it!

-Rog

Micke Fredriksson

posted on 24/6/07 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chris mason
love those cycle wings, they look top class, where are they from?

how big is the car, it looks big/high/long or is it just photographic deception

Chris

Thanks everyone!! I´m very glad you like it!
The cyclewings is made by myself specially to the Mride car. So they are a little hard to find in the speedshop.
The Mride C42 car is 395cm long, 210cm wide and about 110cm high on the rolloverbar behind the driver. So it´s a rather big toy. The weight is 570kgs + driver and the power is still ca 280-300hp. Topspeed is reduced to 240km/h for better acc.

/ Micke Fredriksson

kb58

posted on 25/6/07 at 03:45 AM Reply With Quote
I'm curious about the diff cover, about how it can hold grease/oil from leaking out. Yes I know it'll be sealed, but it seems to me that as the differential heats up, it's going to pressurize the lubricant and push it out through your gaskets... Let us know what happens.

Also glad to see you switched to 4-wheels. I couldn't help but smile when no times were given after your drag racing. I knew it was because the lack of traction caused really slow times. Not any more.

Also, about the rear brakes, did you run through the numbers to see if they're sufficient? Yeah I know there's two of them, but there's a lot more weight being decellerated by them than on the bike, where there's about zero weight on the rear tire under braking. Just wondering.

Lastly, about the diagonal aluminum brace on the diff... it bugs me. Either:

A. There's a lot of side force and it'll be way, way too weak.

or

B. All cornering and twisting forces are handled by the surrounding tube chassis, so it isn't needed at all.

What am I missing?

[Edited on 6/25/07 by kb58]

Mid-engine Locost - http://www.midlana.com
And the book - http://www.lulu.com/shop/kurt-bilinski/midlana/paperback/product-21330662.html
Kimini - a tube-frame, carbon shell, Honda Prelude VTEC mid-engine Mini: http://www.kimini.com
And its book - http://www.lulu.com/shop/kurt-bilinski/kimini-how-to-design-and-build-a-mid-engine-sports-car-from-scratch/paperback/product-4858803.html

Micke Fredriksson

posted on 25/6/07 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kb58
I'm curious about the diff cover, about how it can hold grease/oil from leaking out. Yes I know it'll be sealed, but it seems to me that as the differential heats up, it's going to pressurize the lubricant and push it out through your gaskets... Let us know what happens.

Also glad to see you switched to 4-wheels. I couldn't help but smile when no times were given after your drag racing. I knew it was because the lack of traction caused really slow times. Not any more.

Also, about the rear brakes, did you run through the numbers to see if they're sufficient? Yeah I know there's two of them, but there's a lot more weight being decellerated by them than on the bike, where there's about zero weight on the rear tire under braking. Just wondering.

Lastly, about the diagonal aluminum brace on the diff... it bugs me. Either:

A. There's a lot of side force and it'll be way, way too weak.

or

B. All cornering and twisting forces are handled by the surrounding tube chassis, so it isn't needed at all.

What am I missing?

[Edited on 6/25/07 by kb58]

Hello there!
The diffcover and breathing: Yes, that question have I asked my self to. But as I see it wouldn´t the grease in the diff heat up at all (compairing to a stock cardiff) due to the diff isn´t wipping up the oil and when driving straight forward my diff hasn´t internat movement at all- Just centrifugal force so the only time the diff is producing heat is when turning. And then the speed diffrencebetween the rear wheels is making a slow movement in the diff. Bus as I see it is that so little so I don´t thing it´s going to be a huge problem. So far it´s working exelent.

About the rear brakes. I think you have missunderstod my choice of parts a bit. ;-)
When beeing a 3-wheeler I used the stock rear bike breake. That rotor is about 20cm in dia and had a one piston caliper. That was as you said rather small to handle the heat- On the track the rotor whent blue. .
Now I use 2x 300mm FRONT rotors with 4-piston alu calipers from a honda cpr 900rr. The break pads aria is almost 4 times the size as last year. Thease front rotors is fully floating so they can handle much more heat then regular rotors without twisting. The difference in breake force is really big = breaking 1,2G:s with cold tyres.

The diagonal bracing on the diff:

= B

The bracing is just to prevent the diff form twisting under cornering from its own wheight. There is no other lateral force on the diff. The front/back force is handled by 2 upper M16 bolts and 2 lower adjustible M16 "chain tension" 300mm long bolt. TOTAL overkill but I don´t want it to fail.

/ Micke Fredriksson

kb58

posted on 25/6/07 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
Ah, okay, I didn't realize your rear brakes were the bike *front* brakes. Much better!!

Mid-engine Locost - http://www.midlana.com
And the book - http://www.lulu.com/shop/kurt-bilinski/midlana/paperback/product-21330662.html
Kimini - a tube-frame, carbon shell, Honda Prelude VTEC mid-engine Mini: http://www.kimini.com
And its book - http://www.lulu.com/shop/kurt-bilinski/kimini-how-to-design-and-build-a-mid-engine-sports-car-from-scratch/paperback/product-4858803.html

Micke Fredriksson

posted on 13/7/07 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
Hello!

I´ve published two videos from the SFRO roadtesting day. SFRO is a organisation that´s testing your vehicle several times during the building process to get it roadlegal!
Fun!

Visit my website to see the videos.
http://www.c42.mride.se/video.html

/ Micke Fredriksson

Winston Todge

posted on 13/7/07 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
Fantastic achievement Micke!

Bet you can't wait to get it on the track...

Micke Fredriksson

posted on 5/8/07 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
I have now tested the Mride C42 sportscar in a slalom corse to see how the suspension works. I´m really pleased with everyting I couldn´t ask for anything better regarding to ballance and behavor.

Check out the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs6AE28WNV0

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.