Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Anglesey racing 750Mc 6th 7th June
procomp

posted on 3/6/09 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

Is there any one else running the DL1 Race-logic data logger at Anglesey. I seem to remeber seeing some one using one but can't think who. Just after some caparison regarding signal / satellite strength and track map accuracy on the day.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
simes43

posted on 3/6/09 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
I believe that Dec used one.

Anyone got a Racepak G2x to work? Ever?

gib1et
Junior Builder

Posts 16
Registered 13/5/08

Photo Archive Go!
Building: a healthy points tally in the Locost Championship

posted on 3/6/09 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
Matt, I'll be running a Race Technology DL1 at Anglesey.

Jason

progers

posted on 3/6/09 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Matt,

I will be running a DL1. I even have a LAP file I can send you if you ask nicely

- Paul

procomp

posted on 8/6/09 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

Thanks for the offers with the DL1 Jason Paul. It appears the track mapping is actually very accurate. It shows my excursions over the rumble strips very clearly. It's also water proof i have discovered. .

Results and a few vids to follow shortly. Although you cant see much on the first as there is a light amount of rain falling. And the second vid starts to steam up from the dampness still inside the camera casing from the first race.

Hope all have dried out.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Andy D

posted on 8/6/09 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
Had a bit of a broken up phonecall from Rich D on his way home, sounded like a weekend to forget for team Allied...

....bit wet was it?...

pumpers

posted on 8/6/09 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
It was certainly a weekend to forget for me!! Clutch exploded on first lap of qualifying. No warning, no slippage just bang!
Car was running ok on friday testing with no sign of any clutch problems.
I'm seriously considering packing it in after this latest problem. It's not the clutch, but the culmination of all sorts of problems I have had. I can't help thinking that if I fix the clutch then something else will go bang next time out. ( There can't be much else as everything is new !)
The time, money ( which I struggle to get together at the best of times) don't seem to be worthwhile for the amount of tracktime I actually get. Last weekend cost me £400 and I got half a lap of qualifying. Thats not a decent return and it's not the first or even second time it's happened to me. Maybe i'm just unlucky,jinxed or don't do the right preparation. I don't know, I think i've done everything and checked everything and then something else goes bang ! All I want to do is race, track days just don't do it for me which is why I've persevered but it's now got to the stage when I think maybe it isn't worth it.

The only problem is I can't think of anything else that will give me the buzz. If I could then I think I would cut my losses and walk away. Motorbikes is the only alternative I can think of but the missus is seriuosly against this and the thought of a high side doesn't exactly float my boat.

Craig.
Seriuosly pissed off.

Andy D

posted on 8/6/09 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
It's all about highs and lows I guess.. Comparing trackdays with racing, you'll get higher "highs", but unfortunately the downside being, lower "lows".

Just found this bit of Anglesey tubage. Oh dear..

Richd

posted on 8/6/09 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
Loved every minute of it, especially saturday, tacking into the wind down the back straight & watching people spin on the straights. Aquaplaning with an evil crosswind. Fantastic.

Sunday, much better with Team allied's only representative (me) conducting a spirited fight from 27th on the grid (Wet qualifying and "big jessie" behind the wheel). eventually finished 15th Passing Procomp Matt twice in the last three corners just to rub it in

Well Done scott "Rainmeister" Mittel & Ali Garrett for their wins.

Fantastic Circuit in the dry!

Bring on Brands!!!

allied.motorsport@hotmail.co.uk

www.alliedmotorsport.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
gib1et
Junior Builder

Posts 16
Registered 13/5/08

Photo Archive Go!
Building: a healthy points tally in the Locost Championship

posted on 8/6/09 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
I had an eventful time.

When the red lights went out on Sunday there was an almighty bang as first gear distributed itself evenly around the inside of my gearbox. Having diagnosed that the engine, clutch and prop were still serviceable a quick stir of the very metallic porridge located 2nd gear of sorts and then a race with the 750 amulance commenced. It took a poor line through the first corner so I just edged it :-) Two laps later when I thought that the bits of first had found new home the whole transmission ground to a halt and I drifted majestically and silently to the infield. Another systems check followed and second was selected once more. One slight whiff of clutch later and I was on my way again with 14 mins remaining having made the descision that using second again would be tempting fate. I managed to finish using only 3rd and 4th wondering if the gearbox was going to lock up again! I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, it's not very relaxing.

Better luck next time I hope

Cheers
Jason

procomp

posted on 9/6/09 at 07:04 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

The results are up online.

LOCOST RESULTS here.

RGB RESULTS here

Rich you cheeky bugger the first was under yellow and the second i let you through. Having given up on getting any traction from the back end of this Luego chassis i think i must have waved through about 4 people . All i will say is that by Monday lunch time the rear wings where of the car and the chassis brackets where being modded and new trailing arms made. I was not supposed to be taking this college car that competatively mid field positions where all that was required. LOL

It has to be said though that as usual the racing was very close espesialy on the seriously wet Saturday race. And despite the fact we had a few spinners at 90 odd MPH going up to rocket and a few in other areas. The driving standards where fantastic. Everyone who started finished in one piece. Sprinkler systems to be installed at every circuit i rekon i thoroughly enjoyed the wet race. Mind putting a wet race suit back on Sunday afternoon was not the nicest feeling in the world.
I have the vid down loaded just got to find the time to edit it and pop it on line.

Cheers Matt

Ps Scott & Ali. Well done lads

Pps Can't wait for Brands as it's the colleges home circuit. And it's been quite some time since i drove round there. But am 1st reserve at the mo

[Edited on 9/6/09 by procomp]

simes43

posted on 9/6/09 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
So RichD

One all then.

Richd

posted on 9/6/09 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
Matt, you let me past on the second last corner of the last lap. v generous indeed

we need an adjudicator.....

Si, How did it look from where you were watching?

allied.motorsport@hotmail.co.uk

www.alliedmotorsport.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
simes43

posted on 9/6/09 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
Si, How did it look from where you were watching?

Ok in the first race. I could just make out your car through the spray. I understand the marshalls were getting their blue flags ready for you.

In the second. Tyre smoke, sky, grass.......

procomp

posted on 9/6/09 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

LOL 2 laps earlier i pulled over to the right on the entrance of the corkscrew and waved a pack of 3-4 through. Not to mention Mark at church. When i say i had given up trust me i had given up. I was thinking towards the end of the race that the car was only fit for drag racing

Cheers Matt

pointy

posted on 9/6/09 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
Pps
Can't wait for Brands as it's the colleges home circuit. And it's been quite some time since i drove round there. But am 1st reserve at the mo

And i'm second reserve....

Andy p

mlees91
Junior Builder

Posts 44
Registered 17/3/09

Photo Archive Go!
Building: i am not but i race in the 750mc locost seris

posted on 9/6/09 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
matt i dnt believe your the first reseve anymore simon ironside has pulled out on monday

max

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.