Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Whats the most comfortable car you've owned?
Slimy38

posted on 19/10/12 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
I remember my friend being yet another fan of the old Citroen's, even the hatchback one (ax?) was still really comfortable. Unfortunately I've never owned a car that I would call 'comfortable', as my car history is predominantly Vauxhall...
theduck

posted on 19/10/12 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
I remember my friend being yet another fan of the old Citroen's, even the hatchback one (ax?) was still really comfortable. Unfortunately I've never owned a car that I would call 'comfortable', as my car history is predominantly Vauxhall...

You poor man, what did you do to deserve such a fate?

Ivan

posted on 19/10/12 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
2005 Subaru Outback Premium edition - one of the most comfortable and quiet long range cruising cars around - never felt tired at the end of long stints behind the wheel (even after a few 11 hour 1200 km trips some of which was on bad roads and as the only driver) Have promised myself another one as my retirement car one day.
parkiboy

posted on 19/10/12 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
Mine has to be my last car, rx8 231 fully loaded with all extras.

But given the type of cars I usually own, apart from my first car which was a 206, it is pretty much the only car that was comfortable lol.

nick205

posted on 19/10/12 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
So then, do we conclude that the majority of medium and up sized cars with smaller rims and bigger tyres are reasonably comfortable to drive?

Or...that you get used to a car's seats unless they really don't work for your particular frame?

Or...that everyone has a different frame and has found a car that suits this?

Strikes me tht all the development money and time OEMs put into seat design around the bell curve of human beings has paid off

On the other hand it could be that most of us have limited experience!

Still rate my old mk1 Leon Cupra TDI as the best all round car I've had. Others would curse the stiff suspension and 17" rims, but the firm supportive seats, driving position, drive train, climate control, pretty much everything just worked in harmony for me for 100k miles in 3 years.

JoelP

posted on 19/10/12 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
best i remember is a 406 v6 exec, just nice and soft, with a nice armrest. I think a decent armrest is probably as important as the soft springs.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

swanny

posted on 19/10/12 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
Rover 75 for me. Lovely piped leather heated, electric, memory seats
Comfiest car ever. Took a few folk in it with BMWs mercs Etc and they all said rover a quieter smoother ride

D Beddows

posted on 19/10/12 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
Cars just get more 'comfortable' - 10 years ago I would have have said Saab because I loved them - but I drove a 10 year old one recently and compared to my newish latest model company Passat it was pretty horrible in all respects tbh (yes, including seats). I wouldn't really call either a 'drivers' car though
stevegough

posted on 20/10/12 at 07:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Lexus IS200 was pretty smooth.
But for budget comfort my £37.50 (yes decimal place is right) Triumph Acclaim, that was like driving a sofa!

£37.50 sounds a lot for a Triumph Acclaim - you must have bought it new?

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

sebastiaan

posted on 20/10/12 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
Citroen XM 2 litre turbo automatic for me. Had the thing for just two weeks bu what a car. Best seats ever, combined with the magic carpet ride suspension and (indeed!) a decent armrest. As a close second: Volvo V70 2.5T AWD automatic. Almost as comfy and a lot better put together.

Worst: the MK, 106 Rallye, my current Megane GT (18" wheels with low-profile tires), Alfa 147 (slammed to the ground version ;-)). In that order. More or less.

zilspeed

posted on 20/10/12 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sebastiaan
Citroen XM 2 litre turbo automatic for me. Had the thing for just two weeks bu what a car. Best seats ever, combined with the magic carpet ride suspension and (indeed!) a decent armrest. As a close second: Volvo V70 2.5T AWD automatic. Almost as comfy and a lot better put together.

Worst: the MK, 106 Rallye, my current Megane GT (18" wheels with low-profile tires), Alfa 147 (slammed to the ground version ;-)). In that order. More or less.

The only thing that spoiled the XM for me was the headroom.
I am long in the back and it wasn't ideal for me.
Still had it 3 years though.

My brother has had two and he found the same.
Strange what you'll put up with when the car is so individual.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.