Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA Paid
loggyboy

posted on 12/8/13 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds like your having a real shitter of an application. Hope things start getting better! Maybe its because of the 13 stigma, so waiting for a 63 might be better!

[Edited on 12-8-13 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

daveb666

posted on 12/8/13 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
Just had a phonecall from Lee that deals with 'donor' or 'q registrations'; at least he was honest "Bottom line is we can't find your application".

Lee is now personally dealing with the matter and this won't affect my chances of a new registration apparently.

Obviously I have now lost my IVA certificate and all my original receipts. They have also had payment for the registration and tax for over 3 weeks.

New problem is; my insurance is chasing me for a registration number and are threatening to cancel the policy with no refund if I can't supply one.

Email has gone to the Chief Exec of the DVLA.

daveb666

posted on 12/8/13 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email of 12 August to Malcolm Dawson, the Chief Executive of Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency.

Your email is receiving attention and you will receive a full reply when we have completed our investigation.

I can obtain a new copy of the IVA certificate but I have to go to Chadderton to get it and it will cost £25!

big_wasa

posted on 12/8/13 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
I would take a photo copy of this one as it's nice to keep and you don't get it back once dvla are finished with it any way.
daveb666

posted on 12/8/13 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
Well I'm not being out of pocket, and can't get to Chadderton without taking a days holiday off work.

Chap I spoke to said I didn't need to actually send anything other than a fresh application form, and a letter detailing exactly what was sent with the previous application!

Thankfully I do have copies of the receipts I sent, but unfortunately not the IVA certificate.

big_wasa

posted on 12/8/13 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
That will be on computer anyway, if it wasn't they would only have to ring.
daveb666

posted on 14/8/13 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
May 27th - Docs Sent
May 29th - Payment Received
June 5th - Chased; told VOSA are 2 weeks behind on applications
June 12th - Chased; told document currently being reviewed
June 13th - Chased; document STILL being reviewed
June 14th - Phone call from VOSA - application processed and will be passed to centre today
June 19th - Chased; test date confirmed as 8am July 4th (even though the test centre still haven't rung me yet)
July 4th - IVA Test - FAIL
July 22nd - IVA Re-Test - PASS!!
July 22nd - Take docs to DVLA Leeds; appoint made for an inspection at Leeds DVLA @ July 29th
July 29th - DVLA Inspection complete
7th August - Phoned DVLA to check progress - they've no idea where my application might be
8th August - Phoned DVLA again as didn't get a phone call yesterday. They've no idea where my application is. There is nothing on the system, anywhere.
9th August - Phoned DVLA - application still can't be found
12th August - Phoned DVLA - application confirmed as officially lost
14th August - New application documents received
14th August - New application document sent back to DVLA

ffs

40inches

posted on 14/8/13 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daveb666
May 27th - Docs Sent
June 14th - Phone call from VOSA - application processed and will be passed to centre today
June 19th - Chased; test date confirmed as 8am July 4th (even though the test centre still haven't rung me yet)
July 22nd - Take docs to DVLA Leeds; appoint made for an inspection at Leeds DVLA @ July 29th
7th August - Phoned DVLA to check progress - they've no idea where my application might be
8th August - Phoned DVLA again as didn't get a phone call yesterday. They've no idea where my application is. There is nothing on the system, anywhere.

ffs

And of course they will fast track the application!

daveb666

posted on 14/8/13 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
Yeh I'm sure LOL

Told him if he's sticking to the 14-day rule to hang-off and give me a '63 lol

40inches

posted on 14/8/13 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Yeh I'm sure LOL

Told him if he's sticking to the 14-day rule to hang-off and give me a '63 lol

At this rate it may be a '64

daveb666

posted on 15/8/13 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
Progress - a lady from the Chief Exec's complaints office has just telephoned me to tell me my application has been found! A number plate was issued yesterday and I should receive my documents tomorrow or Saturday.

I wasn't convinced that they'd actually found the application, but they are also sending back all of my receipts apparently so I guess they must be telling the truth.

The lady confirmed the new registration to me over the phone, and I have got a '13

loggyboy

posted on 15/8/13 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Progress - a lady from the Chief Exec's complaints office has just telephoned me to tell me my application has been found! A number plate was issued yesterday and I should receive my documents tomorrow or Saturday.

I wasn't convinced that they'd actually found the application, but they are also sending back all of my receipts apparently so I guess they must be telling the truth.

The lady confirmed the new registration to me over the phone, and I have got a '13

Whilst I'd be very pleased to get on the road, id be pissed off my new car will only be new (in the eyes of the public) for 2 weeks!

Mistral Motorsport

big_wasa

posted on 15/8/13 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
The new reg is one hell of an achievement, I would have been happy with a Q.

Very well done.

I hope you get plenty of miles on her for what's left of the year........

skov

posted on 15/8/13 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
Well done Dave!
Must have been a frustrating few weeks. I think you picked exactly the wrong time to try to register it, given they'd only just switched to processing it all at Swansea. Hopefully the process will get easier for people once they've done a few more and got the hang of it. Well you never know...

Get some plates on and enjoy it - you'll soon forget about all the hassle involved getting there

daveb666

posted on 20/8/13 at 07:04 AM Reply With Quote
For completeness I thought I'd update the thread with the final dates; took the DVLA 3 weeks to sort themselves out in the end

May 27th - Docs Sent
15th August - DVLA complaints office phones and tells me the application is found
19th August - Tax disc and receipts all received back
20th August - MAIDEN VOYAGE!

Description
Description

Description
Description

Also, to help others out, here are some phone numbers of the relevant departments within the DVLA:

DONOR REG / QPLATES - MASET DEPT - 01792 782152
The manager of this department is called Lee

CHIEF EXECs COMPLAINTS OFFICE - 01792 788351

All the best for anyone else having to go through this process; bottom line - never give up. Phone daily once it gets passed 9 days of your application being submitted.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.