Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: TRT propshafts?
GregMcN

posted on 2/12/08 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
TRT propshafts?

Has anyone retro fitted a TRT propshaft - just wondered how much difference they make. I have a quaiffe reverse box so would only be the rear part of propshaft.
Currently the gearchange in the 1st 3 gears is pretty harsh though surprisingly better when cold than hot??

Thanks Greg

skippad

posted on 3/12/08 at 12:33 AM Reply With Quote
i changed to trt prop a few months ago, had same problems as yourself.
Now a lot smoother through 1st.2nd gears, still a little bit clonky but a big improvement and less vibration.
Dave

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
paublo999

posted on 3/12/08 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
as skippad - wont change it to being like a car, but it is a little bit less "harsh".... not much though. Never noticed it on the track, but i did notice it more on the road...

My videos http://www.youtube.com/user/ninjabogeyracing

skippad

posted on 3/12/08 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
Hello Paul
Did you get your "safe mode" problem sorted?
Did you change your sump.
Any other problems?
Dave

If u noticed in my post, i've got another project on the go (bloody idiot) while me zzrMK's winterised.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bedlamage

posted on 3/12/08 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
TRT

I changed mine and got rid of the Westfield r/box ( which is sh#t ).

I have seen a noticable differance, no vibration, much less shunting, smoother changes and quicker pick up on the acceleration.

I have a straight tho TRT prop manufactured by Bailey morris with high speed balancing and forged flanges for greater strength and reduced weight. Can't recommed them enough!

adithorp

posted on 3/12/08 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
I've had a TRT prop from the start so don't have a direct comparison but... Someone once described the difference to me as like hitting something with a rubber hammer instead of a normal one. It still hurts if your thumb's in the way but doesn't mark the metal.

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

charlierevell

posted on 3/12/08 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
I'd use one.... my box has just gone because i havent got one already fitted! Its going to cost the same as the prop and its the 2nd time its happened in a year!

Tango orange is an 'IN' colour!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.