Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Connecting remote reservoir?
Northy

posted on 26/1/04 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
Connecting remote reservoir?

How have people connected the remote reservoir to the brake M/C's? I was expecting to be able to ring up Rally Design and order some unions that I could push a rubber pipe onto and secure with a juberlie clip, but the guy started talking about banjo's

What have others done?

Cheers

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChrisW

posted on 26/1/04 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
The master cylinders have the same thread as clutch pipe so I used two short lengths of that to join flexible rubber pipe to the cylinders which then push fitted to the reservoir. The tip I was given by someone on here was to make sure the BS number was clearly marked on the pipe as the SVA man can get a little tetchy if it cannot be identified as 'proper' stuff for brake fluid (ie not any old fuel line).

Hope that makes sense. Can take a photo if it would help!

Chris

[Edited on 26/1/04 by ChrisW]

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Cussed

posted on 28/1/04 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
Brake-fluid proof lines

Hello

If you're still trying to get a reliable answer to this problem you could try contacting parts-for-older-cars. They're in Mansfield (a few miles from me) and have been extremely helpful. I'm sure they'd know the solution and may well be able to sort you out with the hosing you need.

http://www.carparts-direct.co.uk/parts_for_older_cars.html

Could you let us know what the answer is as I'm not far from this problem myself.

Eddie

Luego Sports Cars

posted on 28/1/04 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
Brake Pipe

Hi guys.

You must use HYDRAULIC hose for the brake inlet.

This can be obtained from most hyd repair companies i.e. Purtek hose and assemblies.

The hose must not have fuel hose on it; a SAE number is what you are looking for.

The fittings can be done as Chris has mentioned, you can also purchase the fittings from us. They are £5 + VAT each.

I trust this has helped.

Regards The Luego Team.

Northy

posted on 28/1/04 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Luego,

The fittings that you say are available from you, do they simply screw into the M/C's and you simply push on the hydraulic pipe?

Thats just what I've been after

I've also got a sugestion for you re the pedal box. I was told that the Gold pedal box was ready to bolt in, but beacause I didn't get these unions it isn't I'm not saying that you have to include them, but if someone had told me when I ordered I would have got them then.

[Edited on 28/1/04 by Northy]

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.