Author: Subject: 11 Sales in 9 weeks
stevebubs

posted on 27/12/08 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
11 Sales in 9 weeks

But Chris puts it better than me
minitici

posted on 27/12/08 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
Can we combine all the sales discounts
I think they should then be paying us to take them off their hands!
To be fair I did actually buy a discounted pedal box from OBP and very good it was too

P.S. - can I have more discount for this endorsement?

David Jenkins

posted on 27/12/08 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
It's easy to tease OBP - but they do pay for the right to advertise, which helps the forum to survive. A few people have also said nice things about their products.

So, they may sound like DFS, but don't be too hard on them!

johnston

posted on 27/12/08 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
You think thats bad my old work had been selling pallet trucks at special offer of £150 for something like 5 years. Then they started getting off another supplier.

Special offer of £165

The reason I got was If they were from their franchise (hyster) they would be £300+ and it was classed as a special offer because there was less mark up on them than anything else they sold!!

Richard Quinn

posted on 27/12/08 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
Well, they pay for Trader status and actively use it so fair play to them. They don't hide behind a false name and the title generally tells you enough that you don't have to read it if you don't want to. The stuff I got from them was fine and a good price too.
StevieB

posted on 27/12/08 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Easy to criticise, but they're running a business in a difficult climate - something I can relate to very closely and if my business was retail related, then I'd be having all sorts of sales to try and drum up some business too.
stevebubs

posted on 27/12/08 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StevieB
Easy to criticise, but they're running a business in a difficult climate - something I can relate to very closely and if my business was retail related, then I'd be having all sorts of sales to try and drum up some business too.

True - but there comes a point when you advertise a sale so often, no-one will buy your products except when the sale is actually on....

IMHO it would be far better to put a blanket "10% off to locostbuilders users" and perhaps bump their post up once a week...either by posting a reply to the thread or deleting and reposting...

blakep82

posted on 28/12/08 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not sure its any concern of ours, how OBP do thier marketing. if they want a sale every day, thats up to them

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

prawnabie

posted on 28/12/08 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
Every time I see one of those adverts it makes me blow a gasket lol! I've had a few problems with them that I am still waiting for them to sort out!

Other than that they are paying to advertise so tbf I just ignore them!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.