Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: TVR possible donor
tom_loughlin

posted on 11/1/09 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
TVR possible donor

Well, following on from my pre-Christmas post about bending my Chim, after recieving lots of offers for bits and peices of the car, I have decided to sell it as a complete package.
The car was very tidy pre smash - 1996 (P) 4.0 RV8 in imperial blue with PAS.
Engine was spot on, good oil pressure 45psi on cold idle, 30 on hot. did not overheat or leak at all.
Borg Warner T5 gearbox fully rebuilt 300miles before crash.

I have been told that it is repairable, but to me, you would have to be a fibreglass magician to put it back together... but to the best of my knowledge it would need:
new screen and 2 windows
new lights
new wheel and tyre
new body (believe it or not, the minor scratches on the body will not polish out - believe me, I have tried )
Possibly new O/S/R lower wishbone and steering rack.

But the REAL reason for me posting it here, is that it may make a fun donor - for someone - with that unmistakable TVR sound! If I didn't need the money, I would love to put it in a s2a landy, or shoehorn it into my 205GTI for a bit of fun. But I need the cash for my house - I bought a chapel for conversion 18months ago, and am due to move in in 6weeks or so. So need every penny I can get to avoid moving into a bare, unpainted floorless house, with only a hole too pee in!

I realise I would get more money if I break it, but I can't have it sitting indefinitely in my parents place.

Anyway, here are a few pics, and a link to my album on photobucket.

Album

Pre Smash

[img][/img]

Post Smash
[img][/img]

I am looking for 2.5k ONO, and obviously it will clearly need to be trailored away.

If anyone has any questions at all, please email me or PM via this site.

Cheers

Tom

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

mr henderson

posted on 11/1/09 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
That is very tempting, I wish I had that much cash to invest at the moment, I reckon that's a very good price

John

flak monkey

posted on 11/1/09 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Damn that would make a cracking donor!

If only I had the time and space for another project!

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

02GF74

posted on 11/1/09 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tom_loughlin

But I need the cash for my house - I bought a chapel for conversion 18months ago, and am due to move in in 6weeks or so. So need every penny I can get to avoid moving into a bare, unpainted floorless house, with only a hole too pee in!

A hole to pee in? That is luxury. We have to share a milk bottle between the twewty of us.

RK

posted on 12/1/09 at 01:57 AM Reply With Quote
I'd love to restore that!!!
carpmart

posted on 12/1/09 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
As per other posts, its seems a good price and would make either a great donor or the basis for an excellent project!

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

Peteff

posted on 12/1/09 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
The damage doesn't look that bad if you can get the spares. It would be worth 3 or 4 times that repaired. What did the insurance say about it?

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Lightning

posted on 12/1/09 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
Not really the price of TVRs has fallen. Unfortunatly as I have one. You can get all parts though for a repair. Mine had a complete new front on last year

Steve

Lightning

posted on 18/3/09 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
[Edited on 18/3/09 by Lightning]

Steve

pocket rocket

posted on 18/3/09 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
do you know for sure if it has chassis damage or not???
my friend is fixing a tuscan that has body and very light suspension damage and it has come to gether very well, it looked shocking when he got it and a bit even fell off when we took it off the trailer, he has no experiance of fiberglass work or tvrs but has made a very nice job of the restoration work.
I may be interested, could you put up some more pics of the damage or u2u me some pics. Many thanks.

Dam...iv consused my ability with my intentions!

focijohn

posted on 18/3/09 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
gutted thats a stunning car, without being insensitive can i ask how?

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
Too many targets but too few bullets.

tom_loughlin

posted on 27/3/09 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Good evening chaps,
After last weekend, seeing all the bikers and kit-cars out enjoying the first sunshine of the year, I have got another itch to build another kit car - will be going MNR with TVR running gear, but not going to be starting until the house is fiished - next winter or so.

I have sold the Chim - agreed a deal mid Jan, and the chap came to collect it towards the end - he faced a 16hour round trip from Aberdeen, but he is going to repair it - as with all firbeglass damage, it looked worse that in was - chassis was still straight, engine still good etc...

About the smash, as my two (at the time) supposedly reliable cars (toyota mr2 turbo) and Pug GTi were off the road, I turned to old reliable (Chim) as my everyday car, which ultimately was it's downfall I guess. I left work as usual at 5.30pm - a typical december day, was pissing down with rain, and bearing in mind I live 1000ft in the hills of North Wales, I hadn't compensated for the lapse rate - ICE! No ice indicator LED, anyway, about 3miles from my house the back end went - caught it on a straight bit of road just about, didnt want to brake (by this time, still hadn't thought it could be ice) and lost it on the next bend, tail slid out, no grip, and put it on a ditch on it's side.

It is a road that I drive twice a day, don't drive like a tool in the wet (and ice) was driving at an appropriate speed (assuming it was wet) but clearly far to fast for icy conditions!

The bummer is that I have learnt nothing - and haven't changed my driving since, apart form the fact my new car has an external temp gauge, which I watch like a Hawk!

Well, you live and learn don't you... Sh*t happens and all that - could have been a lot worse.

All the best guys, and enjoy the hopefully good summer - I hope to be more involved in the locost scene over the next six or so months!

Tom

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.