Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: can somebody help me?
t16turbotone

posted on 14/1/09 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
can somebody help me?

as far as sva is concerned, what things forms etc etc do i need to do first pls help
SJC

posted on 14/1/09 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

I am in the same boat, just finding out info aswell.

Found website with info below, not had a chance to read it yet but may be of use..

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roads/vehicles/vssafety/importsapproval/thesinglevehicleapprovalscheme

Stu

t16turbotone

posted on 14/1/09 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
is it a v55/5 or v55/4 ? what about vin number? ???????????????
Fozzie

posted on 14/1/09 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
Guys.....please look at the stickies at the top of this section, before hitting the new thread button!

There is all you need to know there....

Fozzie (Admin)

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

t16turbotone

posted on 14/1/09 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
its help i need ime afraid....not more articles to read, just good old fashioned help...sorry
coozer

posted on 14/1/09 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
For SVA you need to fill in a SVA1 and send it with a photo build diary.. they will contact you or send anything else you need.

In the meantime contact your local DVLA and tell them your building a kit and they will send you the neceassry forms from there.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

x_flow57

posted on 14/1/09 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
For SVA you need to fill in a SVA1 and send it with a photo build diary.. they will contact you or send anything else you need.

In the meantime contact your local DVLA and tell them your building a kit and they will send you the neceassry forms from there.

You also need to send certified copies of receits for major items and an amateur build declaration form to VOSA with SVA1.

Nick

nstrug

posted on 14/1/09 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
There are two separate processes that you need to follow - application for an SVA (with VOSA) and application for registration (with DVLA).

* Application for SVA

Download and print the SVA1 form from here: http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosacorp/repository/SVA1%20Ministers%20Cert%20-%20July%2008.pdf

Download and print the Amateur Build Declaration form from here:
http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosacorp/repository/AB%20Declaration%20Revised%20June%2006.pdf

Fill in both these forms and return to VOSA with a cheque for £190, photographs of your build and copies of receipts for all your major components. You must write 'Certified Copy' and sign every receipt copy.

A few days later you will get a letter back telling you when and where your appointment is. Take the car, receipts, photos and donor V5.

* Application Registration

You can do this bit straight away, you don't have to wait until you have passed SVA to fill in the forms.

Phone DVLA on 0870 240 0010 and ask them to post you a V55/5 form. This form is not available by download.

Download form V627/1 from http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DG_4017568?IdcService=GET_FILE&dID=51710&Rendition=Web

Fill in both forms.

When you have passed your SVA, call your local DVLA office and tell them. You will need to take your MAC (given to you by the SVA examiner), the completed V55/5 and V627/1 forms, your first years tax (PLG rate), your receipts, your photos and your photocard driving licence, along with the car to the DVLA office. They will check that the VIN and engine number match with what you have put on the forms and give you a registration. You can get plates made up straight away, the V5 will appear sometime later in the post.

That's my understanding of the process.

Nick

FEZ1025

posted on 14/1/09 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nstrug You can get plates made up straight away, the V5 will appear sometime later in the post.

That's my understanding of the process.

Nick

That in theory IS the process however the DVLA are involved & will make it as difficult as they can for you.

Alan...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.