Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Renaul Spider?
Alez

posted on 4/2/04 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Renaul Spider?

I was thinking about this nice car which caused a bit of a stir when it came out some years ago.. What do you think?

http://w1.520.telia.com/~u52000003/default/frames.html

Cheers,

Alex

sgraber

posted on 4/2/04 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, very nice IMO. I'm not a real fan of the two tone, but overall it's a pretty sweet ride. At 2,100Lbs (953Kg) it's kind of a pig though...

I thought this photo in the details page was quite nice and I wish I had a bigger version of it!

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ProjectLMP

posted on 4/2/04 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
The main page for their site isn't exactly what you would call politically correct I like the look of the car.

Home of the Astronomicalcost Mid engined LMP project

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sgraber

posted on 5/2/04 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
Pollitically correct?! I'd vote for her!

She should do the next half-time show...

Steve Graber

Alez

posted on 5/2/04 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
Gentlemen!!

The car!!!! The car!!!!
sgraber

posted on 5/2/04 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alez
The car!!!! The car!!!!

And those two great big beautiful "headlights"....

Actually Alex, thanks for posting that link. I had never seen that car before, but it has a lot of design similarities to what I am trying to build. I can really use it for research. COOL!

Steve

Steve Graber

MikeR

posted on 5/2/04 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
hmmm, suspension seems soft, looks like it would bounce around a lot when driven hard over a firm surface.....

oh sorry, the car, yeah nice..... didn't they have to be sva'd under low volume rules or something to be driven in this country?

ned

posted on 6/2/04 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
IIRC the uk spec car had a windscreen whereas the euro one just had an aero screen, or was that the other way round, or just an option ~#!!

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

theconrodkid

posted on 6/2/04 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
and their,s no roof/ragtop available,seen one once,all got the steering wheel fitted to the passenger side for some reason

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Alez

posted on 6/2/04 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
So you actually need 2 people to drive it yeah? The driver operates the pedals while the passenger operates the steering. Hmm.
scuzzer

posted on 6/2/04 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
sgraber: The cars rollbar is much taller than the windshield, yet it looks just fine IMO.

sgraber

posted on 6/2/04 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
The rollbar IS much taller!

I was looking at that and saying 'hmmmmmmm....'

Now I have a glazed look in my eyes and I am murmuring - "must build Renault clone... must build Renault clone...."

Graber

Steve Graber

MrFluffy

posted on 12/2/04 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Spyder

There was(is?) a racing series dedicated to them, ive spent the odd hour on a bored wet sunday watching them hurtling round the track on the likes of eurosport. They look fun to drive anyway....
I can be forgiven for not being in the shed, because for my sins Im having to work in the uk for 12 months, and Ive rented a place with a garage so small you couldnt fit anything but a mini in it, so coincidentally its full of motorbikes, well you have to stop yourself going mad with SOME mechanical tinkering....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.