Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: exhaust position help
stuleah

posted on 14/2/09 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
exhaust position help

can anyone tell me if there is a requirement for sva that the silencer has to be in a position not to burn anyone walking past or covered so that you cannot touch it.
i have seen a lot of cobras where the exhaust exits the side with no protection so i think the answer is no but i am not sure.

Shamrock GS

posted on 14/2/09 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
Dont think so - mine is down the side wiithout any protection and went straight through the SVA.

The only thing I did was to cover any bolt heads / nuts with covers etc and put a trim strip round the can weld. The assessor never went ear it with his radius guage.

Gary

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

omega0684

posted on 14/2/09 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
no there is no specific requirement, you are thinking of a topic that came up a few weeks back that was a discussion over the new iva manual which supposidly said that the exhaust system had to be covered to prevent members of the public from burning themselves on the exhaust, that proposal has now been dropped its believed.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stuleah

posted on 14/2/09 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
thats good news, saves me a bit more work.
thanks guys

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.