Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Passed SVA Pics
x_flow57

posted on 15/2/09 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
Passed SVA Pics

Having passed my test on Tuesday I thought it was about time I put some pictures up to show the methods I used to pass at Norwich.

Please excuse the grotty dash and rusty discs I have replacements for these now.

Jamie the tester carried out a very fair test doing all he could to get a pass but also going by the "book".

I was pleased that I had interpreted the manual correctly as you can never be sure quite what official publications are looking for.

Also I have to say how efficient Ipswich Dvla were. Nicola there did an inspection, checked the paperwork (confirmed I would get age related) and took my money on Thursday last week. I dropped my MAC in this wednesday and got all the paperwork and tax through Friday.

Hope the pictures give others clues as to what is needed. There are a few more under SVA in my archive.

Nick

Seat Belt Raiser
Seat Belt Raiser

Off Side Mirror
Off Side Mirror

Ft Off Side 1
Ft Off Side 1

Ft Near Side 1
Ft Near Side 1

FT
FT

Near Side Mirror & Exhaust 3
Near Side Mirror & Exhaust 3

[Edited on 15/2/09 by x_flow57]

marshall

posted on 15/2/09 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
well done car looks good. this is when the fun starts .........
tomgregory2000

posted on 15/2/09 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
what did your hand brake cover come from?

Im looking forward to my test and the pics of your front suspension have given me a few ideas

Tommy

twybrow

posted on 15/2/09 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
On your rear axle, did you attach the brake line on the top of the diff? I noticed what looks like cable ties either side, but no pic of the diff itself.

Also, did you have a sharp edge on the back end of your silencer? If so, how did you cover it?

x_flow57

posted on 15/2/09 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
The handbrake gaitor was straight of a Sierra L in the breakers so a base model with no console or arm rest.

Brake pipes have a "P" clip on the top nose bolt and cable ties from the ft pipe to the back one, I'll add another photo when it stops raining.

The rear of the silencer in thin enough not to need radiusing.

Hope thats some help, if any one is near they are welcome to call over for a look and a coffee.

Nick

Edited to add, if anyone was wondering having no passenger seat or boot box meant that the n/s cockpit area became my luggage space so no projection or radius tests from the centre of the tunnel over. Tester said it didn't matter that I may sometime in the future put a seat in there. Note the top seat belt mounts had studs locktited in so they are, to all intent and purpose, not mounts.

[Edited on 15/2/09 by x_flow57]

Shamrock GS

posted on 15/2/09 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
Well done that man! Nice looking car.

Now's the time when lots of this edging and spongey stuff accidentally falls off!

G

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

x_flow57

posted on 15/2/09 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shamrock GS
Well done that man! Nice looking car.

Now's the time when lots of this edging and spongey stuff accidentally falls off!

G

If it would stop raining and I could get outside and do it

jollygreengiant

posted on 15/2/09 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
Well done that man.

Hopefully that will be another Luego to grace our displays at the shows this year.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.