Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Clutch issue
El_Capitano

posted on 16/2/09 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
Clutch issue

Hi,

Quick question for BEC car owner out there. I have a fury Fireblade (893) and am having a few issues with the clutch.

I replaced the clutch plates and springs about 200 miles and one track outing ago.

The clutch isnt slipping when driving, but the car creeps forward when its fully 'engaged.'
I stripped down again to take a look and there doesnt seem to be much wear on the clutch at all, (in fact it still looks brand new) I believe the cable is adjusted correctly, as it pulls the lever and spring to its maximum point. Im a bit stumped as to what it could be.

I have heard that using fully synthetic oil can cause slight slipping, but as this is the oil that is recommended by Honda, i cant see why it should be too much of an issue.

Have many of you uprated the clutch basket? One issue i can think of is one of the 5 clutch springs doesnt quite torque up to 12Nm like the others, its not short of it however. Unfortunately the thread is slightly worn at the final point so it doesnt fully tighten. The spring is compressed to the same amount as the others though, and whilst i will replace the basket at some point id rather not if i can sort this problem another way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

cheers

sonic

posted on 16/2/09 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
Hi is the clutch lever in the right place at rest.
On the R1 it has two little marks that line up one on the arm and one on the casing.

I am thinking that if yours isnt in the right place it isnt pulling the clutch in far enough to disengage it.

El_Capitano

posted on 16/2/09 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers mate,

Think i confused the topic slightly, the issue is the clutch does not feel like it is fully enganging, despite the lever arm being at its maximum 'pull'... the car still moves forward.

Davey D

posted on 16/2/09 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Do you mean the clutch feels like it isnt fully disengaging?

disengaging the clutch stops the engine from moving the car.. engaging the clutch whilst in gear makes the car move

El_Capitano

posted on 16/2/09 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davey D
Do you mean the clutch feels like it isnt fully disengaging?

disengaging the clutch stops the engine from moving the car.. engaging the clutch whilst in gear makes the car move

Indeed, (i know what i mean in my head!)

Yea thanks, in that case, feels as though the cltuch is not fully disengaging! :-)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.