Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Quick ebay question - power supplies
Benzine

posted on 28/2/09 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
Quick ebay question - power supplies

I recently sold an old drum machine on ebay. It worked 100% before I sold it but I lost the power lead shortly before I sold it. I said on the advert it'd need a power lead (of the multi adapter things from maplins etc)

Just got this message from the buyer:

"Hi there, i just received the drum-machine. Unfortunatley, though the powercable I own power it, there is no output from any of the sockets, there is a lot of static and a very faint signal behind that on max, but nothing else, I've tried all my power units and cables / amps and there is no improvement. Sorry but I'm going to have to ask for a refund and a return address."

If the wrong adapter is used then could it power up okay (the LCD screen) but not do anything more? I'm pretty sure I've had that myself on other devices I have. Power wise it wants 9V AC.

Basically if I can suggest how he can get it to work etc it'd be less hassle than refunding etc ^__^

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Danozeman

posted on 28/2/09 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
Also if the polarity of the plug is the wrong way round then it might power up the display and do nothing else.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

zilspeed

posted on 28/2/09 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Alesis SR16 ?

I'm an anorak, I know...

clairetoo

posted on 28/2/09 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Hang on a min - you said on the listing that there was no power lead with it , and the guy wants a refund cuz he cant sort that out ?
Surely not your problem , since it was in the listing......
If you do refund him , be sure to get the unit back BEFORE refunding

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

mr henderson

posted on 1/3/09 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
Drum machines are better that real drummers 'cos you only have to punch the instructions in once.......

johnston

posted on 1/3/09 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
I've got a couple of adapters for different effects pedals and a wee drum box.

Some do swap about but they don't always work 100% i.e one of the guitar pedals causes it to sound 'wavey' .

But as said you sold it stating no psu so its up to him to get 1 that works. Cant be that hard ebay link

Although might need to watch the ma specs as well

tomprescott

posted on 1/3/09 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
It could be that although he has a 9v plug it doesn't have enough mA, I had that problem with a load of my guitar f/x, went from a stealth power unit which was good (especially for £20) and worked for most of them but to get the slash wah and some others going it wasn't powerful enough. I paid £90 for a mxr powerbrick that would do all my pedals --> powerbrick all the way, expensive but high quality!
MikeRJ

posted on 1/3/09 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
It's entirely possible that it actually needs an AC feed, it might rely on passive voltage inverters to get split supply rails etc. in which case a DC feed would certainly cause problems.
Benzine

posted on 2/3/09 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zilspeed
Alesis SR16 ?

I'm an anorak, I know...

Yyyyyyyip!

Thanks for the info everyone, he's going to try and sort it out now

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.