Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Top Posting Member
mistergrumpy

posted on 2/3/09 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
New Top Posting Member

Just noticed that Peteff has currently overtaken Joel to claim the top spot. He leads by 1 post

3GEComponents

posted on 3/3/09 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
I think technically Whippy's king, if you add his previous alias (mcnab) to his current one

Regards

John

mistergrumpy

posted on 3/3/09 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
Ah. That's it. I was trying to think what his other name was.
Quick calculation and he's only 5th there.

chrisg

posted on 3/3/09 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
Many people lost posts in MCOB cull

I've been here from the start and I'm nowhere these days

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

cd.thomson

posted on 3/3/09 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
yeahyeah Chris,

We all know you just jumped on the locost bandwagon 6 months ago

Craig

chrisg

posted on 3/3/09 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
Shhh, it's a secret!

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Mr Whippy

posted on 3/3/09 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
at 10.7 posts a day just give it time...

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mistergrumpy

posted on 3/3/09 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
What's the MCOB cull. You mean Calvins cull? I believe Steve Gusterson cut a load back too but that's yonks ago.

bob

posted on 3/3/09 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
Many have left and deleted there posts, metal hippy had two accounts in the end as did steve gusterson.

mistergrumpy

posted on 3/3/09 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
I remeber the back end of both of them. If I remember Steve deleted a lot of his posts just to get rid of old clag so to speak. It would be a shame if anything valuable was lost it's bad enough losing valuable contributors.

jambojeef

posted on 3/3/09 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
Ive seen on detailing world (the forum we all like to read if we're feeling a bit OCD) the ability to "thank" someone for a useful post i.e. "BOB123 - Thanked 518 Times in 475 Posts "
Always seemed like a good way to encourage quality rather than quantity to me...

mistergrumpy

posted on 4/3/09 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah I go on there sometimes. I don't post just look around a bit.

chrisg

posted on 4/3/09 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
What's the MCOB cull. You mean Calvins cull? I believe Steve Gusterson cut a load back too but that's yonks ago.

Without wishing to stir the whole thing up, there was a thread in which a particularly nasty troll managed to get the whole membership posting.

It was not a good thing and best forgotten.

So I lost some posts there and when Calvin took his ball home, I should have about 200,000 or something...

Anyway it's not a competition (but I'm winning)

Cheers

Chris

stephen_gusterson

posted on 16/7/09 at 11:58 PM Reply With Quote
long lost steve

doesnt time fly?

I havnt been on this site for some time, and just found this post when searching the web egotistically for my name

I stopped posting for a couple reasons . Change of job - got a lot more busy in my life and second, change of job made me have little time to work on my car.

At present, its still in the garage, havnt worked on it for 4 years, even tho its 70% complete. Kinda ran out of time, and then went all gay and bought a nice original 1991 MX5 - and that just about killed off the reason for building an open top car.

Number of posts - there was a time when i was being sniped at a lot for 'posting too much' - at the time i had about what my post level is now, and it was 2k higher than anyone else. (a lot because i was bored in my old job, and the community spirit was / is great on here!) - boy did it take up my time...! Now I see that ive been well blown away by those far more of a saddo than i ever was - good on yer

atb

steve

David Jenkins

posted on 17/7/09 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Steve - glad to see that you're still upright and moving!

Keep in touch... don't be a stranger...

chrisg

posted on 17/7/09 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stephen_gusterson
doesnt time fly?

STEVE !!!!

How's it hanging mate?

I'll buy your car off you and you can name your own price, so long as I can give you a pound a week until it's paid off

Welcome back

Cheers

Chris

Peteff

posted on 17/7/09 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
doesnt time fly?

I havnt been on this site for some time, and just found this post when searching the web egotistically for my name

Kinda ran out of time, and then went all gay and bought a nice original 1991 MX5 - and that just about killed off the reason for building an open top car.

Number of posts - there was a time when i was being sniped at a lot for 'posting too much' - at the time i had about what my post level is now, and it was 2k higher than anyone else. (a lot because i was bored in my old job, and the community spirit was / is great on here!) - boy did it take up my time...! Now I see that ive been well blown away by those far more of a saddo than i ever was - good on yer

atb

steve

We might have passed you in posts but we'll never take that title off you Steve.

Welcome back !

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Liam

posted on 17/7/09 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
Woah hello steve!

I'm not finished either . Will do once this marriage, house renovation etc etc is all done

Now, where's Hippy? Maybe we should start a locostbuilders reunited thread?

Liam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ninehigh

posted on 17/7/09 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisg
Without wishing to stir the whole thing up, there was a thread in which a particularly nasty troll managed to get the whole membership posting.

It was not a good thing and best forgotten.

Sounds like an achievment to me, and a good thing if only for that. Unless the entire community posted with somethings like "You sick f**k"

Not really bothered how many time's I've posted, as I haven't got a tiny e-penis

JoelP

posted on 17/7/09 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
i often think of how many old members we are missing. Good to see you back steve though i doubt we can tempt you to stay

I do remember how much it got under your skin with people constantly making daft comments about post totals. Shame really as it isnt important.

There are MANY people on this forum who have twice the post per day number compared to either me or Pete, its just we've been here a while.

And i know there are people on here who post a lot more shite than me...

Anyway, come back some time steve. Hippy came back for a while.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

stephen_gusterson

posted on 25/10/10 at 11:46 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Didnt do too well did I in rejoining last year

Thanks Bob for recently getting in touch, will try and get on here a bit more

ATB

steve

Ninehigh

posted on 25/10/10 at 11:55 PM Reply With Quote
After over a year I saw this thread pop up in my inbox and thought "When did I subscribe to a thread I haven't seen before?" so I found out why...

JoelP

posted on 26/10/10 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Hi

Didnt do too well did I in rejoining last year

Thanks Bob for recently getting in touch, will try and get on here a bit more

ATB

steve

bugger me. Any progress in that year?! See you in 2012

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.