Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: London parking
iiyama

posted on 3/3/09 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
London parking

Guys, Im going into London on short notice tomorrow. Would like to park outside the congestion zone and Im heading into Drury lane.

Parking suggestions please!

If its broke, fix it. If it aint broke, take it apart and find out how it works!

omega0684

posted on 3/3/09 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
see if the muffin man will let you park on his drive
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iiyama

posted on 3/3/09 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
Of course! I like your thinking!!

If its broke, fix it. If it aint broke, take it apart and find out how it works!

spdpug98

posted on 3/3/09 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iiyama
Guys, Im going into London on short notice tomorrow. Would like to park outside the congestion zone and Im heading into Drury lane.

Parking suggestions please!

Was going to pop round and see you tomorrow, think i'll leave it till later in the week

Can't help with the parking, apart from that I would usually get the train from Southampton Airport Parkway, only an hour to Waterloo

My Blog: http://spdpug98.wordpress.com/

iiyama

posted on 3/3/09 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
Gotta drop through Frimely on the way up....

Definatly around Thursday, not sure about friday. Did I PM you my number???

nstrug

posted on 3/3/09 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
Swanwick station carpark - only two hours to Waterloo, then half an hour walk, or get the tube to Covent Garden.

Alternatively, Morden and Wimbledon tube stations have carparks.

Nick

spdpug98

posted on 3/3/09 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Gotta drop through Frimely on the way up....

Definatly around Thursday, not sure about friday. Did I PM you my number???

I will try and pop in Thursday and yes I have your number

My Blog: http://spdpug98.wordpress.com/

iiyama

posted on 3/3/09 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
OK, best ring before setting out!

Nick, Ive got to drop by Frimley on the way through, so a train isnt really an option.....

martyn_16v

posted on 3/3/09 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
How long are you going to be staying? Prices in car parks just outside the CC zone are extortionate, if you're there for more than 3-4 hours it's often cheaper to pay the charge and park inside, it can be almost £2/hr cheaper

Train from Camberley?

iiyama

posted on 3/3/09 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
That could be a shout. London aint my thang, dont get there often!!!

iiyama

posted on 3/3/09 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
Just checked network rail and to get from camberly to charing cross you have to make 3-4 changes! WTF??? Thats why I dont use public transport!

nstrug

posted on 3/3/09 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Just checked network rail and to get from camberly to charing cross you have to make 3-4 changes! WTF??? Thats why I dont use public transport!

Or you could go from Camberley to Waterloo with a single change in 1:15, and then its a 10 minute walk to Charing Cross across Jubilee Bridge.

Or park at Farnborough Main (cheap parking) and 40 minute direct train to Waterloo.

Nick

iiyama

posted on 3/3/09 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
Nick, what site do you look at bud? I was searching the Network rail site........

nstrug

posted on 3/3/09 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
www.nationalrail.co.uk

When looking for trains to London, always specify London (All stations) as the destination. It will then pick the most sensible station based on your starting point.

Hants/Surrey trains don't go to CharingX at all, so no wonder it got confused...

I really think your best bet is Farnborough Main - 5 mins down the A331 from Frimley, 40 minutes on the train to Waterloo, then a nice walk across the river and up to Covent Garden.

Nick

iiyama

posted on 3/3/09 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks bud, appreciate that. Im a real noob when i comes to public transport!

rodders

posted on 3/3/09 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
Have a look at his map http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=london%20waterloo&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

If you zoom out you can see charing cross to the north west, It's an easy walk or taxi from Waterloo. If you don't want to pay for parking you can park at my house and I can run you down and pick you up from Guildford station, It's a direct connection to Waterloo. U2U me and I can give you my address if its any good for you.

Rhod

James

posted on 3/3/09 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
u2u sent.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.