Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Preston DVLA contact anyone?
FASTdan

posted on 5/3/09 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
Preston DVLA contact anyone?

Has anyone got a contact number for the local preston office?

Actually getting in touch with these DVLA people appears to be a complete nightmare......

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
welderman

posted on 5/3/09 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
goes through to a main switchboard, so will have to ask for transfer to preston i think

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

John.Taylor

posted on 5/3/09 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
I drive past it twice a day, do you want me to pop in and try and get a number or ask them a specific question? - all assuming that they are open at 8.00am or 5.30pm when I'm passing.
mad-butcher

posted on 5/3/09 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
had this argument with DVLA last week 1hr on the phone trying to make an appointment at chester for an inspection.
Unlike Vosa who's call centre will put your call thru to the centre required. the DVLA answer all queries in house and will not put you through to a particular office if you argue the point they will pass on you query by email along with your contact number. then it is up to that office to respond if they want. this was confirmed to me at the chester office.I'd take the above offer up

tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Findlay234

posted on 5/3/09 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
All i can say is good luck... ive been trying to get into contact with the wimbledon local office. nightmare. none of the main switchboard people want to transfer you saying they will answer your questions, then when you say that you want to go through the local office they quote some stuff that all offices by law have to operate by the same rules (we know this is not correct but you cant exactly say on the phone 'er i think you are incorrect' because you will get no where). I tried to get the fax number and they were still not liking it. They then agreed to get me a call back. whereby the local office will call you back within two hours. still the best way is to turn up or send something in the post....

I dont know why they are being so secretive about their details. Are they trying to protect them? if they are then posting the physical address on the net isnt the best idea...

mad-butcher

posted on 5/3/09 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
post doesn't work either,I had a contact name at chester office sent letter and stamp addressed envelope still hadn't arrived when I had my inspection 10 days later
good luck

tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
James

posted on 5/3/09 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
I just faxed Wimbledon with my chassis number and saying I was building a car blah blah and they phoned me back within 30mins.

I got a number from the woman who phoned me.

Pretty sure fax number was on the website.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Danozeman

posted on 5/3/09 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
When i tried to ring my local office you have to go through to swansea and they said you have to go through them not your local office. And wouldnt put me through. Unless someone from the local office is nice enough to give you there number you wont get it.

If its not too far away id pop in.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

mitch2b

posted on 5/3/09 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
if you type the swansea 0845 / 08700 number into this website, you can get the direct ofice number for all the offices,

and in true locost style, it saves money too

http://www.saynoto0870.com/

good luck

Mitch

Gav

posted on 5/3/09 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
Dosnt work Mitch, it gives you the number for the law enforcement office or something, they said i needed the number for main preston office then refused to give it to me or put me through!

FASTdan

posted on 6/3/09 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by John.Taylor
I drive past it twice a day, do you want me to pop in and try and get a number or ask them a specific question? - all assuming that they are open at 8.00am or 5.30pm when I'm passing.

Thanks for the offer mate thats very good of you, but I've since found out they dont inspect on tuesdays (wanted tue afternoon after SVA in chadderton) so I may aswell go to leeds.

Means I have to hire a trailer for 2 days though which is a bit annoying Preston are worse than leeds - only inspect on a thursday!

sounds like everyone has had difficulties in contacting DVLA like me!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
mitch2b

posted on 6/3/09 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
sure that sites worked b4 for the dvla office

sorry if it didnt,

Mitch

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.